Don't carry your payment cards around — put them in Apple Pay!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since Pay isn’t used in every retail establishment, it doesn’t make sense for people to not carry their debit or credit cards with them while shopping....in my opinion, of course...:)

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Most of the convenient stores here have pads that say “Apple Pay” on them but most of the time when I use them I get a “card reader” error. And this have to break out my debit card.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Most of the convenient stores here have pads that say “Apple Pay” on them but most of the time when I use them I get a “card reader” error. And thus have to break out my debit card.

I was buying some food yesterday and there was a pad on the payment terminal that said MasterCard, Visa, Maestro and Apple Pay and a bunch of other stuff. When I tried Apple Pay with my MasterCard it didn’t work, however, Apple Pay with Maestro did.
The cashier told me that the pad was wrong and that only Maestro works

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Bad idea. Not everywhere accepts Pay. The grocery store here has a machine that says Pay, but when I tried it, the cashier said they don't accept it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I tried to use Apple Pay when I was putting air in my tires, and it didn't work. There were Apple Pay stickers all over, but no such luck! LOL! I was so disappointed. I had to use my credit card, which was better than digging around for quarters.

I'm not entirely comfortable with linking other credit cards to Apple Pay- one card is more than enough! :D

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I tried to use Apple Pay when I was putting air in my tires, and it didn't work. There were Apple Pay stickers all over, but no such luck! LOL! I was so disappointed. I had to use my credit card, which was better than digging around for quarters.

I'm not entirely comfortable with linking other credit cards to Apple Pay- one card is more than enough! :D

I'd be comfy with it if all cards worked with Pay and all businesses accepted it. It would be convenient.