Night Mode Showdown: iPhone 11 vs. Pixel 3 vs. Galaxy Note 10 vs. P30 Pro

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
To my eye the Samsung is smudgy and artificial looking. For my taste the Pixel too bright and saturated. I like my night shots to look like they were shot at night. I think some people will find the iPhone lacking “pop” but at least in these images it looks the most natural to me. Testing it out myself I found that on a human subject, two out of three images the face was soft while eyes were sharp. The third nailed it. Could be user error but I’m pretty practiced at handholding a D750 with a 70-200 on it. In any case, it will do. IMO the best camera is the one you have on you no matter the brand.

horioplino

Sep 23, 2019
Visit site
Micheal Fisher, TheMrMobile, Hayato Huseman from Android Central and yours truly just shot the sensors off the Google Pixel 3, Samsung Galaxy S10+, Huawei P30 Pro, and the brand-new iPhone 11 Pro. So, which is really king of the night mode?

Full story from the iMore Blog...

two out of three images the face was soft while eyes were sharp. The third nailed it. Could be user error but I’m pretty practiced at handholding a D750 with a 70-200 on it. In any case, it will do. IMO the best camera is the one you have on you no matter the brand.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
To be honest they’re pretty much all great night modes. What would have been more impressive is a test with an even darker scenario.

I’m impressed with the way Apple has managed to catch up in terms of camera abilities. Not as good as Huawei’s camera prowess yet, but very good. It’s a shame that the night mode has no manual toggle though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice