Websites weren't just hacking iPhones

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Google's Project Zero announced last week that unnamed websites had been hacking iPhones for years, but it gets worse. Forbes has since confirmed that both Android and Windows were also targeted, too.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Is anyone surprised? I’m not and figured it affected more than just iPhones. Focusing on the iPhone was merely an attention grabber.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
https://www.theverge.com/2019/9/6/2...s-statement-security-google-false-impressions

Come on Apple, now is not the time to attempt to discredit rivals by taking their findings way out of context.

...So Apple clarifies the prior report with their own statement of what the actual issues were, and what they were doing (already) to mitigate them BEFORE being approached by Google about them, and it’s Apple ‘attempting’ to discredit rivals...
I certainly think that there may have been an attempt at discrediting going on, but I think that you have the parties involved backwards... Seeing as how this was resolved MONTHS ago, only to have Google’s Project Zero make this public just before Apple’s 2019 iPhone keynote this month.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Your opinion is your opinion, I was simply expressing my view (backed up by some evidence) that Apple was trying to discredit the report and take it out of context to preserve its reputation.

No matter how I look at this, Apple wasn’t clarifying anything. It was doing the exact opposite.
@Tartarus

Google wasn’t lying. Did you even read the article I posted? You do know that even Apple can be at fault sometimes, right?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Your opinion is your opinion, I was simply expressing my view (backed up by some evidence) that Apple was trying to discredit the report and take it out of context to preserve its reputation.

No matter how I look at this, Apple wasn’t clarifying anything. It was doing the exact opposite.
@Tartarus

Google wasn’t lying. Did you even read the article I posted? You do know that even Apple can be at fault sometimes, right?

That’s just it. When Google says something bad about Apple it’s a lie, per se.

It’s best if you read Apple’s statement again.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
....You’re right about Apple not being perfect - including NOT being perfectly imperfect, as seemingly most of your posts relating to Apple (imo) put Apple, and its products and services in varying degrees of a negative light...
Live and let live - if the Apple glass is half empty for you, so be it. For myself, I’m inclined to see it not only more than half full, but in some instances full to overflowing. Enjoy whatever device/manufacturer meets your needs, which apparently isn’t Apple so much....

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
I think Google was attempting to make a mountain out of a molehill. Apple clarified which is what they should have done.

Apple's response just didn't correspond to Google's statement though. Google's report didn't say anything that Applr claimed that it did...Apple should cut the misinformation and actually improve its security.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Apple's response just didn't correspond to Google's statement though. Google's report didn't say anything that Applr claimed that it did...Apple should cut the misinformation and actually improve its security.

Apple has improved its security much more than Google.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro