Despite the sheer number of smartphone in the United States, users don't seem too keen on using one to pay for things. Credit cards are still the most popular payment method and mobile payments lag behind the rest of the world.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    08-30-2019 10:51 AM
    Not true, at least for me! I use mine whenever it's possible to do so!
    ThePinkChameleon and kataran like this.
    08-30-2019 11:33 AM
    Like you, I use Pay every chance I get, but in the big scheme of things, I agree with the article because I do see a great deal of people paying with either a debit/credit car or cash. People still stare when they see me pay with my iPhone or my Watch as if it’s a brand new function.
    08-30-2019 11:45 AM
    I had to "talk my husband" into agreeing to me trying Apple Pay. I feel that it's so much more secure!
    08-30-2019 11:47 AM
    I had to "talk my husband" into agreeing to me trying Apple Pay. I feel that it's so much more secure!
    I agree.
    08-30-2019 12:25 PM
    Like you, I use Pay every chance I get, but in the big scheme of things, I agree with the article because I do see a great deal of people paying with either a debit/credit car or cash. People still stare when they see me pay with my iPhone or my Watch as if it’s a brand new function.
    I think a lot just don't trust it, seems like every time you turn around somethings being hacked.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-30-2019 12:38 PM
    Nope I don't use Apple Pay...I'm "OLD SCHOOL" with a card of some sort....LOL
    Last edited by Spencerdl; 08-30-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    taz323 likes this.
    08-30-2019 12:40 PM
    Nope I don't use Apple Pay..."OLD SCHOOL" with a card of some sort....LOL
    Old school and card?
    Old school is pennies and bills. I use them barely. If Apple Pay was introduced by my bank already, I’d never even touch pennies and bills.
    08-30-2019 12:43 PM
    I think a lot just don't trust it, seems like every time you turn around somethings being hacked.
    Good point!...
    08-30-2019 12:53 PM
    Old school and card?
    Old school is pennies and bills. I use them barely. If Apple Pay was introduced by my bank already, I’d never even touch pennies and bills.
    I mean I'm old school Yuk, not Apple Pay ...LOL. I still use cards.
    08-30-2019 01:03 PM
    I mean I'm old school Yuk, not Apple Pay ...LOL. I still use cards.
    Yeah, that’s my point exactly. Paying with card is not old school.
    08-30-2019 01:06 PM
    Yeah, that’s my point exactly. Paying with card is not old school.
    Oh okay. Obviously Apple Pay doesn't agree with you...LOL
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    08-30-2019 01:07 PM
    Too many places in my area don't accept it. I mostly use my card. I use Pay at McDonald's and Subway, but that's about it.
    08-30-2019 01:35 PM
    Me too !! I use my watch for pay everywhere that accepts it, but I do have it set up on my max as well.
    08-30-2019 02:04 PM
    When Apple Pay works I use it but lately lots of merchants have had issues with it. :-/
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    08-30-2019 02:05 PM
    When Apple Pay works I use it but lately lots of merchants have had issues with it. :-/
    This is true!
    08-30-2019 02:33 PM
    Love Apple Pay to the point I spam dialed my bank asking for it for four months till they finally got on board.

End problem is most retailers I use don’t accept Apple Pay but I do have a few favs and some online use as well

I actually pay my Sprint bill via Apple Pay
    Tartarus and Annie_8plus like this.
    08-30-2019 05:32 PM
    I’ve been using it for about a week. Simple and easily. I’m actually surprised I’ve been able to use it at a lot of locations. Not everywhere mind you but not bad.
    08-30-2019 08:55 PM
    True, which is why Apple needs to make a point of explaining how one time tokens are generated for every single “swipe” or “tap.” Even if digital. And if that gets hacked, they get a useless number. Most they can do is take the money you were going to spend.
    taz323 likes this.
    08-30-2019 11:09 PM
    One problem I run into, is store employees who are clueless about Pay. The store offers it, but the employee has no clue what to do. I hold the phone up to the machine, but nothing happens. And the employee just shrugs. This makes me not want to waste my time with Pay. I don't thing many iPhone users in my area are using Pay. This may be why store employees are clueless. Not enough experience with it.
    08-31-2019 09:03 AM
    One problem I run into, is store employees who are clueless about Pay. The store offers it, but the employee has no clue what to do. I hold the phone up to the machine, but nothing happens. And the employee just shrugs. This makes me not want to waste my time with Pay. I don't thing many iPhone users in my area are using Pay. This may be why store employees are clueless. Not enough experience with it.
    What does the employee have to do? I haven’t noticed them doing anything.
    08-31-2019 09:26 AM
    I see Mom and Pop places that don’t take care of there digital payment terminals and even thou it accepts Apple Pay it doesn’t recognize my phone
    08-31-2019 09:37 AM
    I see Mom and Pop places that don’t take care of there digital payment terminals and even thou it accepts Apple Pay it doesn’t recognize my phone
    Ahh, I haven’t run across that but probably will at some point. Certainly not enough to discourage me.
    It does come down to needing more places that accept it in the U.S. before more people will take advantage of it.
    kataran likes this.
    08-31-2019 09:42 AM
    I am happily ” old school”, that means cash, if it’s not in your pocket you can’t spend it, what someone spends their money on is nobody’s else’s business.
    08-31-2019 10:02 AM
    Exactly. They only have to hit the button for card payments instead of cash. It’s not like they have to enter a binary code to enable Apple Pay on the terminal each time. It’s that simple. Big button for Cash and another for Card.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 08-31-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    kataran likes this.
    08-31-2019 10:11 AM
60 123