Customers in the U.S. just won't use their phone to pay

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I’ve had to re-add my cards several times, especially on my Apple Watch. If you ever have to do a restore, you will have to re-add your cards. Barring any restores though, I haven’t had to re-add them. Adding them to Apple Pay varies based on provider, and card. I have two cards with my bank, one adds no problem, one I have to call for. I have a third card with another provider, no problem with that either.

As for employees at purchasing locations. Again, all they have to do is total your purchase. That’s the end of what they have to do for tap to pay. The purchasing location does have to have NFC enabled terminals and have them activated. As I stated earlier. Anything else is unnecessary confusion.

I haven't done any restores. And in one location, it would work one time, then the next time it wouldn't work. At McDonald's, it works inside, but not in the drive thru. My main employee issue is at a convenience store. It only works when one individual is there. Any other person it does not, and they look clueless. No idea why that is.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use Apple Pay where ever I can. If there’s a reader I don’t even ask if they take it, I just try it. 99% of the time it works and the clerk freaks out because they think I’ve done some kind of voodoo.
Same here.
Kind of opposite of the people here I find Apple Pay in more Mom & Pop type places and more older folks (like 40s-50s) who get it vs younger ones who seem confused by the whole thing.
The people I’ve seen using Pay have definitely been the 40 and up crowd, but I don’t see people, in general, using it that much, unlike me who tend to use it every chance I get.
My husband won’t use it (or Face/Touch ID). I can’t get him to understand it’s more secure.
Some people are simply not interested in using their smartphones or smart watches to pay for things.
My daughter has the problem mentioned above where it keeps wanting her to add her card even though she has a bunch of times so she gave up using it.
Hopefully, it’s only a glitch of some sort and will be remedied soon.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Used my watch to pay for something at the Detroit Zoo yesterday. Blew the old lady behind the counter’s mind. The best part: She was wearing an Apple Watch herself!
I know Apple needs to sell millions upon millions of devices in order to justify their existence but it drives me nuts when people own electronics and have no clue how to use them.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
it drives me nuts when people own electronics and have no clue how to use them.

Same here especially when there’s free forums like ours to easily learn to use there devices.

The thing that erks me is when they say

“I have a Smartphone but have no idea how to use it” followed by a chuckle

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Same here especially when there’s free forums like ours to easily learn to use there devices.

The thing that erks me is when they say

“I have a Smartphone but have no idea how to use it” followed by a chuckle

Not everyone is so engrossed in them as we are. They have other hobbies. They probably wonder we aren’t into theirs.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

01a9d2c297e9e9fe40860c99c1eef13e.jpg

Yes Sir

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Not everyone is so engrossed in them as we are. They have other hobbies. They probably wonder we aren’t into theirs.

This is my sister. We're like oil and water... she has the technology but is clueless, and has the audacity to make fun of me for being "so engrossed" with it. But then, when she has an issue, who does she call? Me! I remind her when there are updates, but she's always reluctant to do them. She drives me nuts and I drive her nuts! :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods