Shazam is the biggest name in song identification apps, but SoundHound gets the job done better.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    05-06-2019 06:51 AM
    Shazam is the biggest name in song identification apps, but SoundHound gets the job done better.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    Shazam can most definitely add songs to a playlist in Music, though.

I can’t seem to find the setting in the app. Maybe it’s automatic once linked to Music.
    05-06-2019 09:17 AM
    I've tried both. I grew frustrated with Shazam, and found SoundHound, which I used for quite a while. Then it seemed that Shazam was working better, so I'm using Shazam again! I won't worry about not being able to hum a song, because nobody wants to hear that (from me anyway)!
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-06-2019 09:23 AM
    I've never felt the need for either one. However, back in the 70s, I used to call the radio station and ask for info on the previous song.
    Tartarus and Annie_8plus like this.
    05-06-2019 09:50 AM
    I've never felt the need for either one. However, back in the 70s, I used to call the radio station and ask for info on the previous song.
    I use it very often.
    When I’m on a music/dance festival, at a party with some music in the background, at work when the radio is hard enough and I want to know what catchy song it is that is playing and most often when I watch tv and like the music on the show.
    05-06-2019 10:14 AM
    I use it very often.
    When I’m on a music/dance festival, at a party with some music in the background, at work when the radio is hard enough and I want to know what catchy song it is that is playing and most often when I watch tv and like the music on the show.
    This is a good point... and a reminder of how SoundHound would be helpful when listening to bands at local bars or festivals... when you hear a song that you really like and you want to find it on iTunes.
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-06-2019 10:21 AM
    Interesting article.

I've used both but seem to keep going back to Shazam. Maybe because of it's simplicity. Maybe because Shazam is free and SH is $7. Or maybe it's the 4.9 star 3.13 million reviews Shazam has vs SH's 4.9 141k reviews. :-)
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    05-06-2019 12:58 PM
    Interesting article.

I've used both but seem to keep going back to Shazam. Maybe because of it's simplicity. Maybe because Shazam is free and SH is $7. Or maybe it's the 4.9 star 3.13 million reviews Shazam has vs SH's 4.9 141k reviews. :-)
    My main gripe is that soundhound doesn’t have a light mode.
    I genuinely dislike the dark UI.
    05-06-2019 01:06 PM
    My main gripe is that soundhound doesn’t have a light mode.
    I genuinely dislike the dark UI.
    One of the few things I like about Sound Hound.
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-06-2019 01:20 PM