Yesterday, you could AirPlay Netflix from any iOS or macOS device to Apple TV. Today, tomorrow, and for the foreseeable future, not so much.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    04-06-2019 08:40 PM
    Not a big deal for me. Apple TV has its own Netflix app anyway.
    calebt likes this.
    04-07-2019 06:02 AM
    Agreed and usually (always I think?) AirPlay ties up the screen on the device your using to send to the Apple TV. Kinda redundant and no where news as nice of an experience as just using the built in app.

I have only ever airplayed from the photos app to play home videos on my tv, so I’m not sure but I know with that it completely ties up your phone until it’s done. Never seen the need to airplay with Netflix and I bet most people haven’t seen the need to either, which could be why Netflix is dropping it.
    04-07-2019 11:00 AM
    I use my Hotspot to watch Netflix on my smart TV
    04-07-2019 03:28 PM
    Agreed and usually (always I think?) AirPlay ties up the screen on the device your using to send to the Apple TV. Kinda redundant and no where news as nice of an experience as just using the built in app.

I have only ever airplayed from the photos app to play home videos on my tv, so I’m not sure but I know with that it completely ties up your phone until it’s done. Never seen the need to airplay with Netflix and I bet most people haven’t seen the need to either, which could be why Netflix is dropping it.
    Agreed Netflix is most likely dropping support because it’s redundant. I used to AirPlay Amazon Prime video until Amazon released a stand-alone app for Apple TV. I honestly couldn’t tell you whether or not the feature is still available on the iOS version.
    Tpence2177 likes this.
    04-07-2019 06:13 PM
    Bingo. 4 Apple TV's on the house, all with the app installed. And all of us have the app on our iPhones/iPads.
    04-07-2019 06:36 PM