Netflix kills AirPlay support, because reasons

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Not a big deal for me. Apple TV has its own Netflix app anyway.

Agreed and usually (always I think?) AirPlay ties up the screen on the device your using to send to the Apple TV. Kinda redundant and no where news as nice of an experience as just using the built in app.

I have only ever airplayed from the photos app to play home videos on my tv, so I’m not sure but I know with that it completely ties up your phone until it’s done. Never seen the need to airplay with Netflix and I bet most people haven’t seen the need to either, which could be why Netflix is dropping it.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Agreed and usually (always I think?) AirPlay ties up the screen on the device your using to send to the Apple TV. Kinda redundant and no where news as nice of an experience as just using the built in app.

I have only ever airplayed from the photos app to play home videos on my tv, so I’m not sure but I know with that it completely ties up your phone until it’s done. Never seen the need to airplay with Netflix and I bet most people haven’t seen the need to either, which could be why Netflix is dropping it.

Agreed Netflix is most likely dropping support because it’s redundant. I used to AirPlay Amazon Prime video until Amazon released a stand-alone app for Apple TV. I honestly couldn’t tell you whether or not the feature is still available on the iOS version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim