OtterBox Defender Series Pro offers extreme protection

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This is a very good protective case especially for those with an outdoor/rugged type lifestyle.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have had many Otterbox Defenders and they’re awesome. I stopped using them because they are so bulky and the covered up the awesome looks of the iPhone. I realize that sounds foolish, my husband definitely thinks it’s foolish, but it is what it is!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I love the OtterBox cases. They don't seem as bulky as they used to be. I like the grip they afford and the protection. I don't buy Applecare +, so I use a great protective case.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Otterbox is still a good choice, however, with the rise of cases from Rhinoshield and Mous, I just can’t bring myself to use such a bulky case when I can get the same protection in a slimmer profile.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Otterbox is still a good choice, however, with the rise of cases from Rhinoshield and Mous, I just can’t bring myself to use such a bulky case when I can get the same protection in a slimmer profile.

Good to know, however even though the Rhinoshield might protect as good as the Otterbox Defender it just looks like the Otterbox Defender would do a much better job under extreme conditions or out and about in a rugged environment. Similar to me putting my Xs max in a Tank vs putting it in a SUV...Just sayin.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

When did you last use an OtterBox? They're not as bulky as they used to be. Like the Defender I had on my iPhone 5. The old style with the flap over the home button. It was bulky. The newer models for the larger iPhones have been slimmed down a bit. I'm sure all the better protective cases work well. But from my experience, I know I can trust OtterBox.