Ever lock your own self out of your SIM card by not remembering the PIN you tied to it? Here's what to do if that happens!

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    01-17-2019 01:51 PM
    Contact your carrier. You can do so by dialing 611 from your mobile phone. You can also try a live chat with customer support via your carrier's website or take it into a carrier store.
    I just wanted to point this out specifically. We here at iMore cannot, let me repeat that, CANNOT assist you if you lock yourself out of your SIM card. You will HAVE TO call your mobile carrier and they will assist you.

That is, after you prove you are the rightful owner of the device. :-)
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-18-2019 08:20 AM
    I just wanted to point this out specifically. We here at iMore cannot, let me repeat that, CANNOT assist you if you lock yourself out of your SIM card. You will HAVE TO call your mobile carrier and they will assist you.

That is, after you prove you are the rightful owner of the device. :-)
    First thing I’d do is log in my carriers website and see if they show the PUK-Code for my SIM card in my account. After that it’s easy to unlock the SIM card.
    01-18-2019 11:18 AM
    I don't recall ever giving my SIM card a pin number.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-18-2019 11:37 AM
    Is this something to do with pay as you go phones? I’ve never had a sim pin but I seem to remember that some people had phones that you could check your credit on by putting in a pin .
    01-20-2019 06:45 AM
    A good deal of people, myself included, used to pin lick the SIM card on mobile phones prior to the rise of smartphones. Although I can’t recall a specific reason, I’m sure it was related to security.
    Tartarus likes this.
    01-20-2019 07:45 AM
    Is this something to do with pay as you go phones? I’ve never had a sim pin but I seem to remember that some people had phones that you could check your credit on by putting in a pin .
    I recall an option to set a pin number for the SIM, but I never did it. Haven't seen the option in a while, nor could I find it.
    01-23-2019 05:43 PM