Samsung TVs are getting iTunes and AirPlay 2

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
By allowing this or in the case it was Apple’s idea, they basically declared war to their own TV segment.
People with an ‘18 or ‘19 model Samsung won’t be inclined to buy an TV any time soon.
And if more companies decide to follow suit with their TVs, Apple won’t be selling any TVs soon..

Way to go, Apple, way to go with self sabotaging.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
By allowing this or in the case it was Apple’s idea, they basically declared war to their own TV segment.
People with an ‘18 or ‘19 model Samsung won’t be inclined to buy an TV any time soon.
And if more companies decide to follow suit with their TVs, Apple won’t be selling any TVs soon..

Way to go, Apple, way to go with self sabotaging.

I guess one could look at it thought that apple TVs are already one of the most expensive in the market. Plus Apple TV is just a one time purchase. Most money I would say is made by content purchase. With opening it to Samsung TVs which probably have one of the biggest market shares of all TVs, they will have very little invested in this making the content purchases be almost all profit. Sounds like a good business decision to me.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
IMHO, to some the Apple TV is expensive. Maybe so. I just bought the 4K TV, and feel it’s worth every penny. Airplay and iTunes is a non issue for me, the Apple TV has everything I need, to stream whatever I want.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro