Why Apple is lowering Q1 2019 guidance

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
While macroeconomic challenges in some markets were a key contributor to this trend, we believe there are other factors broadly impacting our iPhone performance, including consumers adapting to a world with fewer carrier subsidies, US dollar strength-related price increases, and some customers taking advantage of significantly reduced pricing for iPhone battery replacements.

I cannot believe Tim Cook included this in his statement. I can interpret this as Apple saw battery degradation as a positive for their bottom line when it came to moving more and more units year over year and they just happened to have it become more public knowledge after it was blown up.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I cannot believe Tim Cook included this in his statement. I can interpret this as Apple saw battery degradation as a positive for their bottom line when it came to moving more and more units year over year and they just happened to have it become more public knowledge after it was blown up.

I recall the large debate across the forums on whether or not Apple was degrading batteries as a means to force users to upgrade. This implies that although they may not have been actively engaging in this practice, they knew it was happening. This implies that they were well aware that battery degradation and device slowness as a result would lead to consumers purchasing new iPhones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl