A backpack MacBook bag is much better for your back!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
One of the bags in the article is listed as being "vegan leather". Since leather is material made from the skin of animals, I was curious to know the materials used to create vegan "leather".....(laughing)....Peta.org states that vegan leather is "not made from the skin of dead animals". Hmmm. Did they remove the skin off of live animals? :cool: I think not! According to Peta.org, it is made from polyurethane. My question is this: Why is it called "leather"?

Last edited:

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
One of the bags in the article is listed as being "vegan leather". Since leather is material made from the skin of animals, I was curious to know the materials used to create vegan "leather".....(laughing)....Peta.org states that vegan leather is "not made from the skin of dead animals". Hmmm. Did they remove the skin off of live animals? :cool: I think not! According to Peta.org, it is made from polyurethane. My question is this: Why is it called "leather"?

This has been irritating me recently. I was raised in the retail leather goods business. Even on the various MobileNations sites, leather cases have been listed and they’re not leather.

Vegan leather is another name for PolyUrethane or PU leather for short. That’s just another name for, you guessed it, PLASTIC, not leather of any kind....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This has been irritating me recently. I was raised in the retail leather goods business. Even on the various MobileNations sites, leather cases have been listed and they’re not leather.

Vegan leather is another name for PolyUrethane or PU leather for short. That’s just another name for, you guessed it, PLASTIC, not leather of any kind....

Exactly!...

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

Exactly!...

....Made from the husks of dead water bottles....

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices