Roku now does 4K streaming for less than $50. That's pretty much all you need to know.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    10-12-2018 11:10 AM
    Man, AppleTV 4K is severly overpriced lol. I enjoy mine, but I honestly do struggle with why it's priced at $150-180. The Firesticks I have for my kids do 95% of what my AppleTV does. I do enjoy the ability to listen to my Apple Music through my AppleTV but I can also download the Spotify app on other products.

Oh well...just another case of "Apple got my money again".
    10-12-2018 11:25 AM
    Man, AppleTV 4K is severly overpriced lol. I enjoy mine, but I honestly do struggle with why it's priced at $150-180. The Firesticks I have for my kids do 95% of what my AppleTV does. I do enjoy the ability to listen to my Apple Music through my AppleTV but I can also download the Spotify app on other products.

Oh well...just another case of "Apple got my money again".
    While I agree that TV 4K is higher priced than other streaming devices, but somehow I think it’s worth every penny.
    It has a tremendous computing power, Dolby Vision and the ability to connect my AirPods to it automagically.

Like I said, somehow I think it’s worth every penny.
    10-12-2018 11:48 AM
    While I agree that TV 4K is higher priced than other streaming devices, but somehow I think it’s worth every penny.
    It has a tremendous computing power, Dolby Vision and the ability to connect my AirPods to it automagically.

Like I said, somehow I think it’s worth every penny.
    Eh, yea. For me, 4k is 4k is 4k. Sure, Dobly vision is cool. But does it justify a premium of over $100? That's for the purchaser to decide of course. And I've never used my AirPods on my AppleTV. I have a Soundbar and nothing I watch on my 60 inch deserves to be limited by the audio quality of Airpods lol.

But yea...value is always subjective. I appreciate that you find value in your AppleTV. I enjoy mine as well and I'm happy I have it. But when considering other offerings, I guess I struggle with why it's priced so high.
    10-12-2018 11:52 AM
    I would definitely spring for the Apple 4K TV over the other players.
    My 4th gen model has worked flawless, and it’s a very polished device.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-12-2018 06:13 PM