An Amazon Echo sent someone's private conversation to one of their contacts

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Having the device listening is one thing, but for it to record what it heard and then send it to someone else is totally unacceptable, in my opinion. Knowing me, I probably would have reset them and then threw them in the trash.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
We have microphones in our homes.
We have microphones in our pockets.
We have cameras pointed at our faces 24/7.

Stuff is out there, and with 3rd party apps on our phones, we may already be giving up more than some are comfortable with but don't want to think/know about.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Speaking from experience, anytime that new Infiniti commercial comes on, the one where the husband says they're gonna be late and the wife tells Alexa to start her car, my Dot always replies "sorry, you do not have one". Yeah, thanks for that reminder.

So I ended up changing the wake name on all my Amazon devices. That seems to have solved a lot of "issues".

As for this article? I dunno. Could have been a word combination that Alexa interpreted as "record this conversation and send to xxxxx".

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Speaking from experience, anytime that new Infiniti commercial comes on, the one where the husband says they're gonna be late and the wife tells Alexa to start her car, my Dot always replies "sorry, you do not have one". Yeah, thanks for that reminder.
I've had that with podcasts talking about the Alexa lol

As for this article? I dunno. Could have been a word combination that Alexa interpreted as "record this conversation and send to xxxxx".
I think that's what happened, at least that's what amazon said.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro