Toss out that stupid little USB charger that comes with your new iPhone — there are so many better options!

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    09-27-2017 10:50 AM
    I write this in the full knowledge that a lot of you will have thought of this already, this is for those of you who haven't !
    The section of this article, USB-C to Lightning cable made me think about cables, all cables for iPhones/Pads. So I put a USB ammeter into my charging set-up,and the difference between cables is amazing. Easily enough to make the difference between your battery being able to gain ground while watching YouTube or whatever,and losing ground.
    Both my devices are old 30 pin, rather than Lightning,but the answer is the same,put an ammeter in the line until you find the best cable and use that where you need to charge fastest,I suspect that the bedside one is not the one to concentrate on !!
    As an example the cable I am using now for my iPad gen 3 is showing charging at 1.5A the one I was using reads .85A !
    Food for thought eh ? I had honestly not thought that different manufacturers might be using lower carrying capacity cables and do not buy Apple cables because of their low quality insulation and tendency to come to bits but may have to consider them as a tax on efficient charging in future.
    09-28-2017 06:50 AM
    09-28-2017 07:15 AM
    I have read this article again,and notice that the writer has now introduced Watt hours/minutes to the conversation. Is this at all helpful or is it yet another attempt to disguise the doubtful performance of the iPhone battery ! it certainly looks like yet another bit of obfuscation that can only be explained ( to me at least) by tabulating everybody else's phone's specifications in watt hours !!
    10-10-2017 06:49 AM