iPad vs iPad Pro: Which is the best tablet for you?

torben ibsen

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I fo not have the basic, cheap iPad. But I have the iPad Pro 9.7. It replaced my iPad Air. - The difference in the speaker volume was extremely large. When I am working in the kitchen I often watch some TV like the news. With the iPai Air the noise from the frying pan would drown the TV sound. But with the iPad Pro 9.7 the volume can be MUCH louder so there is no problem hearing what is being said on the news programme. - So I wonder if the new, cheap iPad has the sound like the iPad Air or the sound like the iPad Pro?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I fo not have the basic, cheap iPad. But I have the iPad Pro 9.7. It replaced my iPad Air. - The difference in the speaker volume was extremely large. When I am working in the kitchen I often watch some TV like the news. With the iPai Air the noise from the frying pan would drown the TV sound. But with the iPad Pro 9.7 the volume can be MUCH louder so there is no problem hearing what is being said on the news programme. - So I wonder if the new, cheap iPad has the sound like the iPad Air or the sound like the iPad Pro?

The new iPad has two speakers, not the four that the Pro models have. I’m assuming it sounds more like prior non-Pro models.

torben ibsen

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Then I would suggest that the iPad Pro is the one to buy for everybody. There is also a VERY big difference between the screens. So buying the cheap iPad will be similar to buying a 16 GB iPhone. A lot of money wasted. So even if you never want the Apple Pencil, you really should go for the iPad Pro.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Then I would suggest that the iPad Pro is the one to buy for everybody. There is also a VERY big difference between the screens. So buying the cheap iPad will be similar to buying a 16 GB iPhone. A lot of money wasted. So even if you never want the Apple Pencil, you really should go for the iPad Pro.

I see your point but there are millions of different use cases. There’s a reason Apple sells WAY more of the lower end iPads compared to the Pro models. Not everyone needs the higher specs, nor do they appreciate the differences between the displays or the sound. Moreover, a $329 USD starting price versus $649 is huge.

torben ibsen

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Well, as long as they do not get disappointed after a little while, the price difference is certainly worth considering. Having the "cheap" iPad is much better than not having an iPad. I also must admit that I have been a very happy owner of an iPad 2, an iPad mini and an iPad Air.