MrMobile's BlackBerry KEYone review: Stretch those thumbs

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
A really nice looking device for a person that would like a PK phone however a few years too late for me for one thing I would be concerned about continuing support from BlackBerry .

naijab0y

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
It's kind of funny how people have been saying that for years about BlackBerry support yet that support has never faltered.

BlackBerry is here to stay and support their phones a lot better than you might think.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
A really nice looking device for a person that would like a PK phone however a few years too late for me for one thing I would be concerned about continuing support from BlackBerry .

Blackberry isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They may have lost their mobile OS and hanging by a thread in phones, however, their bread and butter is enterprise. Secure enterprise will be keeping Blackberry in business for a long time, and as I know it, they have never failed to deliver the monthly security updates for Android. I really want to get my hands on the KeyONE, it just might actually sway me from iOS, at least for a while.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry isn't going anywhere anytime soon. They may have lost their mobile OS and hanging by a thread in phones, however, their bread and butter is enterprise. Secure enterprise will be keeping Blackberry in business for a long time, and as I know it, they have never failed to deliver the monthly security updates for Android. I really want to get my hands on the KeyONE, it just might actually sway me from iOS, at least for a while.

BlackBerry is on more solid ground now with secure enterprise and ect. however I started with the 8220 and spent many a Hard earned dollars on BlackBerry devices and supported them when it was very uncool to do so but when they went to Android with the Priv I stopped ,to me iOS just runs so smooth and frequent updates is why I will stay with iPhone however I wish BlackBerry well with their new device and if you buy a KEYone let us know how you like it , Good Luck .

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
It's kind of funny how people have been saying that for years about BlackBerry support yet that support has never faltered.

BlackBerry is here to stay and support their phones a lot better than you might think.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
I always bring up how Blackberry supported the Z10 for the same length of time as they are supporting the Passport SE. Both have 'the same' OS version. :)

I'm sure this will continue over into the Android world of Blackberry and hopefully they can set new standards for support and show up others who drop support after 2 years. Apple is another company who supports their devices for a long time. Sometimes even 4 years +. Always good to see and shows customers that you care. :)

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
You miss the point which is the company releases hardware and then more or less abandons support for it afterwards. The BB10 devices are a perfect example of where the company is no longer making the stuff and if they're lucky they'll see one or two inconsequential updates in the next two years or so before its cut loose.
In the case of the PRIV where is the Nougat update? Same with the DTEK 50 and 60? Every other major OEM is moving towards making the latest version available and yet this company, for all its hype around updates, can't seem to get its act together and now it announces its discontinuing the product? Fundamentally the monthly updates are a gimmick and given the history here not something one should expect to continue indefinitely.

Bottom line: The PRIV was a mistake just like the DTEK phones were and every other device they released the past 3-4 years of which really they had no business doing so

Reposted from Moblesyrup

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
You miss the point which is the company releases hardware and then more or less abandons support for it afterwards. The BB10 devices are a perfect example of where the company is no longer making the stuff and if they're lucky they'll see one or two inconsequential updates in the next two years or so before its cut loose.
In the case of the PRIV where is the Nougat update? Same with the DTEK 50 and 60? Every other major OEM is moving towards making the latest version available and yet this company, for all its hype around updates, can't seem to get its act together and now it announces its discontinuing the product? Fundamentally the monthly updates are a gimmick and given the history here not something one should expect to continue indefinitely.

Bottom line: The PRIV was a mistake just like the DTEK phones were and every other device they released the past 3-4 years of which really they had no business doing so

Reposted from Moblesyrup

I believe I saw something about Nougat coming to the DTEK 60 on Crackberry. I'll check again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73