Apple reportedly in talks to buy Jay Z-backed music streaming service Tidal

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That would be big for Apple to purchase Tidal considering how relatively new the service is. To quote a Jay-Z line, "Can't knock the hustla" :D

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That would be big for Apple to purchase Tidal considering how relatively new the service is. To quote a Jay-Z line, "Can't knock the hustla" :D

And all that about Kanye putting his music on Tidal and not Apple Music, only to end up on Apple Music so people would actually hear it. And now Apple may be purchasing Tidal? You can't make this stuff up ;)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This is another example of Apple not actually innovating their own services. Apple Music is essentially Beats. Incorporating Tidal will just take the best of that service and blend it with what they currently offer. I can't knock what Apple is doing (or rumored to be doing) but I can't help but wonder what Apple is doing to differentiate themselves from the other streaming services.

Oh wells. If them buying Tidal means their sound quality will increase I'm with it.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Would never consider tidal since its made to make the highest grossing artists more money (and its usually crappy RnB) but great if Apple buys it so they eventually add lossless audio.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Would never consider tidal since its made to make the highest grossing artists more money (and its usually crappy RnB) but great if Apple buys it so they eventually add lossless audio.

Isn't that what all of the streaming services do? Artists are paid based off of the number of times their music is streamed so it would make sense that the most popular artists make the most money.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Isn't that what all of the streaming services do? Artists are paid based off of the number of times their music is streamed so it would make sense that the most popular artists make the most money.

True, but Tidal is owned by artists who make a ****load of money. Spotify seems to be more reasonable. Im not against them making money and being successful but I dont think Tidal is in the game to follow the chaning industry. Its there to guarantee that jayz and his friends get some more money and since they are already very big artist they end up on spotify and Apple Music no matter what "exclusivity" they give to Tidal.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

What do you think Apple is doing for Dr. Dre, Taylor Swift and Drake?? Lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox