A lot's been written over the past couple days about rumors for the iPhone 7, but I keep going back to the jack.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    06-28-2016 11:51 AM
    Great article that does a really good job of explaining how removing the good ol' heaphone jack makes sense. It's worth a read.
    For the record, if they're removing the headphone jack to add another speaker and/or minimize the bezel I'm all for it.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-28-2016 12:03 PM
    Great article that does a really good job of explaining how removing the good ol' heaphone jack makes sense. It's worth a read.
    For the record, if they're removing the headphone jack to add another speaker and/or minimize the bezel I'm all for it.
    I thought what itpromike said in the comments was better.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    06-28-2016 01:14 PM
    I thought what itpromike said in the comments was better.
    He brings up some good points but we have no idea how Apple is going to spin it, assuming this rumor actually comes to fruition. What I do know is that there's a growing desire to fit as much stuff inside of the smallest package so every square millimeter counts. If removing the 3.5mm jack means creating more space for something I have more use for, I'm okay with it.
    06-28-2016 02:18 PM
    He brings up some good points but we have no idea how Apple is going to spin it, assuming this rumor actually comes to fruition. What I do know is that there's a growing desire to fit as much stuff inside of the smallest package so every square millimeter counts. If removing the 3.5mm jack means creating more space for something I have more use for, I'm okay with it.
    I would be too. My headset can plug in or go BT. But I'd hate to have a very nice $350 wired headset should it come to pass. But I suppose someone would make an adapter for only $50.
    06-28-2016 02:31 PM
    I would be too. My headset can plug in or go BT. But I'd hate to have a very nice $350 wired headset should it come to pass. But I suppose someone would make an adapter for only $50.
    It's possible that Apple would even include an adapter with the device purchase. That would ultimately be the best option.
    06-28-2016 03:18 PM