iPhone 7 and making Lightning strike twice

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Great article that does a really good job of explaining how removing the good ol' heaphone jack makes sense. It's worth a read.
For the record, if they're removing the headphone jack to add another speaker and/or minimize the bezel I'm all for it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Great article that does a really good job of explaining how removing the good ol' heaphone jack makes sense. It's worth a read.
For the record, if they're removing the headphone jack to add another speaker and/or minimize the bezel I'm all for it.

I thought what itpromike said in the comments was better.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I thought what itpromike said in the comments was better.

He brings up some good points but we have no idea how Apple is going to spin it, assuming this rumor actually comes to fruition. What I do know is that there's a growing desire to fit as much stuff inside of the smallest package so every square millimeter counts. If removing the 3.5mm jack means creating more space for something I have more use for, I'm okay with it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
He brings up some good points but we have no idea how Apple is going to spin it, assuming this rumor actually comes to fruition. What I do know is that there's a growing desire to fit as much stuff inside of the smallest package so every square millimeter counts. If removing the 3.5mm jack means creating more space for something I have more use for, I'm okay with it.
I would be too. My headset can plug in or go BT. But I'd hate to have a very nice $350 wired headset should it come to pass. But I suppose someone would make an adapter for only $50.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I would be too. My headset can plug in or go BT. But I'd hate to have a very nice $350 wired headset should it come to pass. But I suppose someone would make an adapter for only $50.

It's possible that Apple would even include an adapter with the device purchase. That would ultimately be the best option.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods