Best password manager apps for iPhone

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is it that hard for people to remember passwords?

A few months ago an online retailer account of mine was hacked into. Luckily I got an email and shut the account down very quickly but from there I realized that I was using that same email & password combination for a bunch of sites. I ended up on a mass password changing spree, in the middle of my work day, and the guy still managed to get into a few other accounts. All because I was using the same password.
So, yes. It's hard to remember passwords because I use something different for every web site. You should too.

6eral

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
A few months ago an online retailer account of mine was hacked into. Luckily I got an email and shut the account down very quickly but from there I realized that I was using that same email & password combination for a bunch of sites. I ended up on a mass password changing spree, in the middle of my work day, and the guy still managed to get into a few other accounts. All because I was using the same password.
So, yes. It's hard to remember passwords because I use something different for every web site. You should too.
I do,but i remember them all though i don't have many accounts...

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Another vote for 1Password. Have been using it for a couple years now both on my iPhone and Macs. Love its syncing abilities between all my devices. Little pricey but when you look at what it can do and how it works, the price does not look so unattractive anymore. Cross platform as well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Another vote for 1Password. Have been using it for a couple years now both on my iPhone and Macs. Love its syncing abilities between all my devices. Little pricey but when you look at what it can do and how it works, the price does not look so unattractive anymore. Cross platform as well.

AgileBits has been running 1Password free for a couple of weeks or so.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Probably a new version coming which is why it's free now. The new one won't be. Seems that happened before but could be wrong.

Went to the AgileBits forum site. Those who have paid get the Pro features at no additional charge. Those who get the free version will have to pay in app for Pro.
It's right there in the App Store write up! Duh! Lol

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've gone with 1Password. Can sync iPhone with more than one Mac via WiFi, so no cloud syncing required. The duplicate and weak password analysis feature is another option that I think is important. If you need to share an account/password with a family member, can send it securely via Messages. There are other features I like in the iOS and Mac apps. For me, the iOS and Mac app cost is totally worth it, partiuclarly when it comes to protecting your passwords and other important information.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox