FBI director posts open letter on dispute with Apple

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
ios_7_lock_screen_hero_fixed.jpg

'Looking survivors in the eye' leads emotional plea for invasive new legal tools.
James Comey, director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, has posted an open letter on the ongoing dispute with Apple. The FBI wants Apple to create a version of iOS that would allow for faster and easier brute-force attacks on passcodes in order to gain access to information on iPhones and iPads. Apple believes such a tool, once created, will be demanded again and again by governments around the world, including those hostile towards their own citizens, and will inevitably fall into the hands of hackers and criminals as well. Comey disagrees.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
My response to the FBI director is nonverbal, and consists of a digitus tetrius extending from an otherwise closed hand.

JimMLINY

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
U2 puts an album on my phone and FBI can't crack a phone. Maybe they should hire Bono or The Edge as IT consultant.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I hope you from the US support Apple to the utmost, at least it's a US firm. There again,do you trust the letter departments ? I most certainly don't trust ours.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73