AT&T Wi-Fi calling now available on iPhones running iOS 9

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to enable it on my 6S and got a message "Oops. We can't turn on Wi-Fi Calling for your account. Think this message is a mistake? Ask the person who can make account changes to call us. The number is 800.331.0500"

I have to make account changes to enable this feature?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Glad I saw this post! I've been checking this every few days because I have relatively weak coverage at home. I'm happy to report that wifi calling is finally available in the DFW metroplex. Yay!! :yes:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to enable it on my 6S and got a message "Oops. We can't turn on Wi-Fi Calling for your account. Think this message is a mistake? Ask the person who can make account changes to call us. The number is 800.331.0500"

Same here.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Working is Las Vegas and kicked in immediately at my house. Ironic since they wouldn't give me a booster because my "signal is fine."

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

I received the same message. Are you on a discounted plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gtech21

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I get a corporate discount through work. I hope that's not the reason.

I do also and I bet that's why. I am going to call and try again later though. Hopefully someone is able to give me a definitive answer.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I do also and I bet that's why. I am going to call and try again later though. Hopefully someone is able to give me a definitive answer.

Let me know what they say. I haven't had a chance to call, but I don't know why they would shut folks out who have corporate discounts.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the Phoenix metro area and have an AT&T corp discount... and wifi calling works for me.

I read in a different thread that if you don't have an ATT model iphone it won't work. At least it's apparently the case for the 6s.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I read in a different thread that if you don't have an ATT model iphone it won't work. At least it's apparently the case for the 6s.

So I went to the Apple Store this afternoon and swapped out for an ATT model and now my wifi calling works. So I can verify that for the 6s, it is a model issue.

spiderman001728

May 8, 2009
Visit site
ok. So I enabled wifi calling ( Long Island NY ) and it seems to work fine. Is this the same as having a microcell in my house? I've asked At&t for 1 for years and never got 1. Can someone explain to me the difference? Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh