With in-store sales of the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge+ kicking off, Samsung has launched a new promotion called the "Ultimate Test Drive" aimed at getting iPhone owners to switch over to a Galaxy phone.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    08-21-2015 01:40 AM
    That's now smelling desperate somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spencerdl and Brooke5795 like this.
    08-21-2015 02:17 AM
    I hate that phone. Went to Best Buy to look at it. Samsung rep said "Do you have any questions?", I said yeah...

Why does that look like a larger version of my iPhone 6? Antenna lines, albeit in a different place on the device, yet still same color and similarity. Curvature in glass, though more extreme, still screams out iPhone. No removable battery or SD card? Really?

She tells me, "We're marketing to the masses!", So I say...

In other words you're marketing to the Apple crowd, is that why you've betrayed your actual fan base?

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.
    08-21-2015 05:14 AM
    Interesting...Thanks but NO THANKS.
    Ariel Babalao likes this.
    08-21-2015 05:44 AM
    It's an excellent deal, but I'm not interested. The iPhone and iOS continues to work well for 'me' and I don't have any plans to fix what's not broken...
    08-21-2015 09:07 AM
    I'm curious to try it but it's telling me the Note 5 isn't available yet on AT&T but it's on AT&Ts site

Update: all 3 devices aren't unavailable. Come on Samsung, you want to entice us to try the new phones but your site won't let us.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    08-21-2015 02:11 PM
    That was quick they sold out already for the current time.

08-21-2015 02:55 PM
    That was quick they sold out already for the current time.

I wonder how many of those people will keep the device once the new iPhone's is officially introduced and how many of them already know in their heart that they're not going to keep it?
    08-21-2015 04:55 PM
    That's me. I want to try the Note but I would never sell my iPhone in order to try it. So this is the perfect chance to try it already knowing with a 95% chance I won't convert.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    08-21-2015 05:09 PM
    I bet once in with the Note, it'll be hard getting out of the deal.
    08-21-2015 07:03 PM
    I actually signed up for this and should be expecting by Note 5 by Monday. No matter if I like it or not I have no intentions of replacing my 6 Plus with it. But being the tech head that I am I simply could not pass up on this opportunity to try it out. Who knows If I end up liking it I will have 2 phones to play with
    08-21-2015 07:49 PM
    I bet once in with the Note, it'll be hard getting out of the deal.
    You just send it back after 30 days with a 5 day grace period.

08-21-2015 07:50 PM
    You just send it back after 30 days with a 5 day grace period.

Let's hope that's all it is. It would be horrible to get stuck with one. LOL
    08-21-2015 08:23 PM
    I actually signed up for this and should be expecting by Note 5 by Monday. No matter if I like it or not I have no intentions of replacing my 6 Plus with it. But being the tech head that I am I simply could not pass up on this opportunity to try it out. Who knows If I end up liking it I will have 2 phones to play with
    Did you get a shipping notice? I haven't seen one.
    08-22-2015 12:19 AM
    I actually went to T-Mobile today and played with one for about 45 minutes. Not bad, but not good enough for me to give up my 6 Plus
    08-22-2015 12:35 AM
    I'm gonna check it out also, not giving up my 6 plus though. I have a note 4. So I wanna see if it's worth the upgrade or note.

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus  using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 02:38 AM
    They're saying over at Mac Rumors that people took advantage of this to have a chance to sell their current iPhone in anticipation of the new one without having to be phoneless...

Brilliant.

Spencerdl, JOSH_WH1TE and Gtech21 like this.
    08-23-2015 02:14 AM
    They're saying over at Mac Rumors that people took advantage of this to have a chance to sell their current iPhone in anticipation of the new one without having to be phoneless...

Brilliant.

Which is probably Samsung's plan.
    08-23-2015 02:59 AM
    I was totally tempted to do this but the AT&T versions were sold out. It would take a monumental Apple blunder for me to switch and that's not likely to happen.
    08-23-2015 04:24 AM
    Which is probably Samsung's plan.
    They'll probably end up with people forgetting to return it, actually liking it, and some might end up messing the phone up. I'm curious as to how many people will end up actually returning the devices....

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    08-23-2015 05:03 AM

Brilliant.

This is genius

Spencerdl likes this.
    08-23-2015 09:10 AM
    Not a bad deal but I have no plans on trying it. Been there done that. Its not that apple just work but it just works for me. Everything integrates so well for me I wouldn't know what to do without it.

Gary86 and Spencerdl like this.
    08-23-2015 09:18 AM
    Not a bad deal but I have no plans on trying it. Been there done that. Its not that apple just work but it just works for me. Everything integrates so well for me I wouldn't know what to do without it.

I would have to agree. But hey, for a $1 I might just do it haha

Spencerdl likes this.
    08-23-2015 10:42 AM
    It seems to me like an aggressive marketing technique.
    08-23-2015 12:04 PM
    It seems to me like an aggressive marketing technique.
    Towards iPhone users, yeah.

Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE
    08-23-2015 01:42 PM
61 123