Apple has removed a number of apps and games from its App Store that show the Confederate Flag, including historical-based US Civil War games from publisher HexWar.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    06-25-2015 11:00 AM
    The country has gone PC crazy!!
    jason_mabry and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-25-2015 11:03 AM
    Yep. Everything is reactionary and without considering the consequences or validity of the reaction.
    jason_mabry likes this.
    06-25-2015 11:25 AM
    I found one they missed!
    06-25-2015 12:21 PM
    You know, you can't tell people to be proud of their lineage and/or heritage and then discard the very things associated with that lineage and/or heritage. Why go around promoting the importance of the First Amendment just to end up suppressing it? Why claim that we must be accepting of all people just to turn around and decide who is to be accepted and who's not? Tolerance has been replaced with intolerance, What is just has been replaced with bias, and truth has been deemed inappropriate and hateful. America the beautiful is no more, and that's a shame.
    06-25-2015 12:41 PM
    Its not what the Confederate Flag represented over 200 years ago... its how many today are using it symbolically.

Is this unique? No.... look up the history of the swastika. Hitler and the Nazis changed its perception forever when they adopted it. For thousands of years the swastika was and still is used as a sacred symbol for some religions.

Despite its origins, the swastika is widely associated with Nazi Germany. Fair or not.

Do people have the right to display a swastika? They sure do. Ask a WW2 vet or someone who practices the faith of Judaism if they are offended by swastika. There's a good chance they will be. They could care less about its use by a religion as a sacred symbol.... because to them its a symbol of evil.
    06-25-2015 02:44 PM
    Yep. Everything is reactionary and without considering the consequences or validity of the reaction.
    I could not agree more. Everything in this world is potentially offensive to someone. Even the American flag was offensive to King George III and the British of 1776. For all the good that Tim Cook has done at Apple, he's marching lockstep (see what I did there?) with the Political Correctness crowd. SMH

So now we're going to remove the Confederate flag from every nook and cranny in America? Just rewrite history - the libs are good at that. From the looks of things, 9/11 may not have happened. As the saying goes, if you don't learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it. But if you HIDE it, how will anyone even remember, let alone, learn from it?
    06-25-2015 03:16 PM
    This is right out of Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals"...
    06-25-2015 03:19 PM
    Its not what the Confederate Flag represented over 200 years ago... its how many today are using it symbolically.

Is this unique? No.... look up the history of the swastika. Hitler and the Nazis changed its perception forever when they adopted it. For thousands of years the swastika was and still is used as a sacred symbol for some religions.

Despite its origins, the swastika is widely associated with Nazi Germany. Fair or not.

Do people have the right to display a swastika? They sure do. Ask a WW2 vet or someone who practices the faith of Judaism if they are offended by swastika. There's a good chance they will be. They could care less about its use by a religion as a sacred symbol.... because to them its a symbol of evil.
    Activists, more than anyone else, are at the forefront of this crap. Everyday Americans couldn't care less about it. I don't ever recall anyone brandishing a confederate flag or a swastika ever harming 'me'. Besides, evil is within. It like people assuming that if guns were to be banned, mass killings would cease, yet, they ignore the mass killings that took place before the existence of guns. We are heading toward a 2-class society instead of 3-class. The middle class will cease to exist, and when it goes so will a good deal of hope. In about 20 years, the devastation of what's happening as of late will be crystal clear.
    06-25-2015 03:44 PM
    ↑↑Exactly ↑↑I know of no other incident like what happened in Charleston where a crazy racist egghead who hurt anyone was brandishing a Confederate flag of any kind. Not in the last 40 years.
    06-25-2015 04:11 PM
    I don't really have any words for what is going on right now. I live in the south and most of the people that are "supposed" to hate the confederate flag down here really have no opinion on the matter from my experience. What I can see is the people up north that haven't been affected by anything that happened over 150 years ago are the ones crying foul. What they also don't say on the news is that slavery wasn't the only reason for the civil war. It was state rights and the taxation that the north was imposing on the south when the south seceded from the north. Yes slavery was a reason, but everyone down here didn't own slaves. People had to be wealthy to have huge plantations. Oh and every state in the union owned slaves at the time of the civil war. So the American flag also flew over slave owners in the north as well....
    06-25-2015 06:16 PM
    I don't ever recall anyone brandishing a confederate flag or a swastika ever harming 'me'.
    So that is how it goes? Empathy is not your strong suite eh?
    06-25-2015 09:37 PM
    So that is how it goes? Empathy is not your strong suite eh?
    No, it is not. I'm also the type of person who understands that each generation wants the next generation to be better and therefore I'm not going to waste my time trying to empathize with what my ancestors experienced when I know they would want me to learn from their experiences and sacrifices so that I can be better and make the best of my time while preparing my kids for when I'm gone. People travel the world looking for the truth from an historical standpoint and yet, here we are trying to bury the truth and along with our past. We're opening Pandora's box. Soon, we will not be able to utter a word for risk of offending and then we'll complain that no one talks any more. #smh.
    Tpence2177 and carrickfergus like this.
    06-25-2015 09:53 PM
    Soon, we will not be able to utter a word for risk of offending and then we'll complain that no one talks any more. #smh.
    I promise, I won't worry about offending anyone. This political correctness crap has already gone to far. It's time the decent, hardworking people stand up and speak up. The heck with the academic and political types who have to push their "mamby-pamby, everyone gets a trophy" self-righteousness off on the world.

And while I have your attention, get off my lawn, too!
    06-25-2015 10:19 PM
    Soon, we will not be able to utter a word for risk of offending and then we'll complain that no one talks any more. #smh.
    Object away..... I am not offended. I understand the difference between the terms...... many do not.
    06-25-2015 10:25 PM