Having problems with a sluggish iPhone or iPad? Don't be afraid to reset!

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
ipad_air_generations_front.jpg

If you're struggling with an iPhone or iPad that isn't working right, restoring it as new can be just what the device ordered!
I've had a third-generation iPad ? the first Retina Display-equipped model ? since it was released. I've never upgraded, not even to the new iPad Air or iPad Air 2 because the iPad 3 has always done what I wanted it to do.
Or at least it used to. When I first updated to iOS 8, it killed my iPad. Made it a doorstop. The iPad became sluggish and unresponsive. It became almost impossible to type on it; launching apps became excruciatingly slow, and I'd occasionally get spontaneous restarts too. I was afraid it wasn't going to be useful anymore. I've recently resurrected it and done a clean install with iOS 8, and I'm quite happy with the results.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been saying this for years, but I'm more in favor of a clean install of iOS rather than just erasing all contents and settings. Still, the point is that starting over fresh can do wonders for your device. Yes, it can be an inconvenience, but the benefits outweigh the inconvenience, in my opinion.