Apple Watch and accessibility: First impressions

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
apple-watch-blue-white-sport-front.JPG

Thanks to my awesome girlfriend, I was fortunate to take delivery of an Apple Watch on April 24.
Like others, I've spent the last few weeks trying to understand it and figure out how it fits into my life. So far, Apple Watch has left me very pleased overall.

The fact that I'm so pleased with Apple Watch is a bit surprising. I admit that I was skeptical of the Watch when it was first announced, at least in usability terms. From an accessibility standpoint, I wondered how I could cope with such a small display and the digital crown. Even the seemingly mundane task of putting on and taking off the Watch was concerning. In short, I had a lot of questions.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Great review. I agree Siri is great for hands free. I think they need to work on 'eyes free' as well like it is for many things on phone. I realize that this would create more time lag to communicate with the phone but it's important to have this option especially for those that have low vision and for those times when it's not convenient or possible to use your other hand and your eyes to do basic siri tasks - while driving comes to mind.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2