NSFW: Microsoft doesn't suck, and you don't have to hate it

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
office-mac-preview-hero.jpg

Microsoft's stumbles with Windows in recent years has created millions of new Mac users. But that doesn't mean you should turn your back on Microsoft.
About half the people I sell Macs to in my weekend job at an Apple retailer are new to the Mac platform: They're PC users looking to make the switch. And lots of them are fed up with Windows. But honestly, as much as I support Apple, I think some of my customers are turning their back on Microsoft at their peril ? because Microsoft still does a lot of things right and continues to do a lot of things right.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

co4nd

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Didn't read the whole blog but I make a living developing and implementing enterprise Windows applications. I have 20 years experience with Microsoft products and I can find two things I think they do well.

C#, Visual Studio, and .Net (three things but all inter-related). The only thing that they messed up here is not making it all completely cross platform.

Excel - only reason the got this right is cause they killed all the meaningful competition decades ago.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73