At the Core: Anybody who can't make money off iPads or TUAW should get out of the money-making busin

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
atc-tuaw-ipad-hero.jpg

Like many in our industry, I'm deeply saddened to see yet another fantastic Mac blog crumple as a result of big business decisions, putting several wonderful Mac writers out of work. This also, unfortunately, seems to have resurrected the always-fun topic: "There's no market for niche blogs anymore!"
Now, I may be biased, writing for a niche blog and all, but I don't think our industry is dying. Quite the opposite: There are more excited Mac and iOS users out there than ever before, all internet-connected and ready to complain, learn, and chat about their problems and successes. But they're not your average blog reader, and that seems to throw big media businesses for a loop.
They just can't seem to wrap their heads around this concept ?*that different products are going to have different markets, and there's no one-size-fits-all approach to selling them.
Of course, while company after company stumbles, Apple has been applying these rules to its own product lines for years.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner