Apple faces lawsuit over the impact of iOS 8 on device storage space

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
ios8-storage-iphone6-hero.jpg

Apple is facing a new class-action lawsuit in California, this time from users unhappy about how much storage space iOS 8 takes up on their devices. Their complaint focuses not only on newer iOS devices like the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, but older devices as well.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, I do think if they intended to keep 16GB the entry level, they should of kept the OS on par.

I am a firm believer that they should of dropped 16GB and went with 32GB as the entry.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Stupid waste of court time. I would think that Microsoft would be first in this kind of thing. They typically have way less free space left over. I guess no one cares since not many have their phones.

Its not actually advertised as 16 G of free space so hopefully this is thrown out quickly. So what if 8 is bigger.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Another crazy lawsuit. Storage management is all on the user. A 16 gig iPhone is enough. The user just has to manage apps and media. I have a 64 with like 30 left. I read a post today where someone with 128 has 12 gig left.
So this user could reach a point of not having enough with a 128. It's all relative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Stupid waste of court time. I would think that Microsoft would be first in this kind of thing. They typically have way less free space left over. I guess no one cares since not many have their phones.

Its not actually advertised as 16 G of free space so hopefully this is thrown out quickly. So what if 8 is bigger.

Could not have said it better myself. Not only microsoft but with the experience I had I want to also include android with this as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Why doesn't this apply to Android manufacturers as well? The 16 GB 2014 Moto X comes with 11-12 GB of free space, not to mention any of the Samsung phones that have 8-10 GB taken up just because of the OS and TouchWiz! Why aren't they getting sued over this as well? It isn't limited to Apple only.

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Why doesn't this apply to Android manufacturers as well? The 16 GB 2014 Moto X comes with 11-12 GB of free space, not to mention any of the Samsung phones that have 8-10 GB taken up just because of the OS and TouchWiz! Why aren't they getting sued over this as well? It isn't limited to Apple only.

It least for windows phone 8 & 8.1 you have the option to move any item to the sd card that was fine; but when I had some of the galaxy tab line devices it is only selected items filled the device up quick regardless of what the sd capacity was.

Sent from my iPod touch 5th Gen using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner