Disappearing ringtones

Eddie McGee1

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I purchased 2 ringtones from iTunes from my 6 plus. They installed and worked fine. A matter of minutes later...they disappeared. No where to be found. I have 8.1.1 installed. Anyone else have this problem?

Eddie.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a 5S, 8.1.1. So last week I purchased a rt, it was on my phone with no issues & rec'd my apple bill to file. About 5 days after downloading and using it no problem, I decided to do a backup to iTunes. I thought all had gone well even though I didn't see the purchased ringtone transfer I figured it went so quickly I missed it. Unplugged, went about my day. Next thing my text goes off with the default "Note" tone.....I was like wth? I checked my phone and my rt I purchased and set was gone, also not on my Mac either.

SO I said wth and just purchased it again...hooked up and synced it into my iTunes. This time it transferred over because I checked. That was 2 days ago. Since then I haven't done anything with my phone. This morning I get a text....default rt AGAIN. Now I'm like WTF?!? Sure as sh!t it's gone AGAIN.

Had to hook back up to iTunes and re-add it to my phone.

I hope this doesn't keep happening....

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just an update to this issue. My dads iPhone deleted 3 tones that he purchased from his 5S. He called Apple and got the credit back for them. The Apple rep my father spoke with also clarified that this is an issue with iOS 8.1.1. So, I would imagine that Apple is looking into a fix for this.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW