Tim Cook opens up about his personal life for the first time

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
However once you get into the intimate aspects, that's where it can get too personal. That's where I'd draw the line to prevent things from becoming unprofessional.

I draw a big distinction between being able to talk about your spouse vs. sharing intimate stories. Often I'm being asked about my spouse and it has nothing to do with intimacy, just plain vanilla conversations.

Maladroit23

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I TOTALLY agree with this post

I have no interest whatsoever in knowing about his personal life. If he's gay, that's his business, and I don't see the need to go out and tell the world about it. I'm not out telling the world I'm straight, but that's Just Me, D...:)

You guys. Being straight is still not the same as being gay. Duh. Homosexuals still have to deal with discrimination. That's why there are few if any openly gay rappers, athletes or politicians. They're not just keeping their sexual orientation private. They have to keep it secret. About time a CEO of a powerful brand comes out.

Maladroit23

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
This is why I think there are certain levels of your personal life you shouldn't take to work.

It's okay to talk about where you want to vacation at. It's okay to talk about your dog, cat, cars, phones, etc.

However once you get into the intimate aspects, that's where it can get too personal. That's where I'd draw the line to prevent things from becoming unprofessional.

Every single person in my side of the office has mentioned their spouses and it's been fine. Until the day when homosexuals feel completely comfortable doing the same, I will commend any public figures who speak up about their homosexuality so it's less of an elephant in the room and more of completely accepted thing.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You guys. Being straight is still not the same as being gay. Duh. Homosexuals still have to deal with discrimination. That's why there are few if any openly gay rappers, athletes or politicians. They're not just keeping their sexual orientation private. They have to keep it secret. About time a CEO of a powerful brand comes out.

Interesting. I've been dealing with discrimination since I was born. Duh. I have family and friends that choose an alternate lifestyle and it doesn't change my perception of who they are or what they do. I agreed with D because I don't go around announcing that I'm straight or African American. I'm who I am ....it is what it is.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Good for Tim Cook. His personal life is his personal life. It doesn't bother me one bit that he decided to come out. I have no business judging him or any gay or lesbian individual about their choices.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
In this day and age, I find it rather amusing that those here who are so gung-ho for "equality" would not think twice about denouncing anyone who wanted to marry their sister or cousin. After all, that is in the opposite direction towards progressive thinking. Am I wrong?

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Right now in this country if you don't agree with the gay agenda, you face discrimination, lawsuits, and even jail time.
Assuming there's such thing as the "gay agenda," indeed lawsuits on face of discrimination are warranted. So, really: What's your point?

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
In this day and age, I find it rather amusing that those here who are so gung-ho for "equality" would not think twice about denouncing anyone who wanted to marry their sister or cousin. After all, that is in the opposite direction towards progressive thinking. Am I wrong?

I too find it amusing. After all, if someone wanted to marry their sister or cousin would just be expressing themselves. They very possibly were born with a desire to marry a relative, and by not supporting them 100% would make you a bigot.

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
500px-Cousin_marriage_map1.svg.png

States in blue: First-cousin marriage is legal
States in light blue: Allowed with requirements or exceptions

@SprSynJn & the_tech_eater: If your state isn't on the list, you should start advocating...

the_tech_eater

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 70570

States in blue: First-cousin marriage is legal
States in light blue: Allowed with requirements or exceptions

@SprSynJn & the_tech_eater: If your state isn't on the list, you should start advocating...

My state allows it. I can't believe that in 2014 there are states that don't allow first cousin marriage! That's just unacceptable! We need to get the ACLU to sue the hell out of them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73