Attachment 70599

Not everyone who is labeled a "homophobe" fit the description found in the dictionary. I have been labeled a "homophobe", not because I had an extreme or irrational aversion to homosexuality and homosexuals, but simply for not liking my personal opinion of which I was asked to share. The "specific" people who opted to falsely label me a homophobe were intolerant of my opinion. I was NOT judged based on my kind treatment, my politeness or my non-hateful attitude and demeanor toward those I spoke to.
    "Homophobes can view homosexuality anyway they like. But when that viewpoint turns into discrimination, we call it intolerance. We don't put up with intolerance.

Can't believe you thought the old "Hypocrisy at its finest" line was even applicable here."

I didn't call you a homophobe.
    11-04-2014 03:51 PM
    "Homophobes can view homosexuality anyway they like. But when that viewpoint turns into discrimination, we call it intolerance. We don't put up with intolerance.

Can't believe you thought the old "Hypocrisy at its finest" line was even applicable here."

I didn't call you a homophobe.
    Oh, I know you didn't, and I didn't infer that you did. I read your comment in regard to homophobes and opted to respond to it. That's all.
    Maladroit23 and SprSynJn like this.
    11-04-2014 05:31 PM
    Doesn't this statement seem absurd today? "Votes of Women can accomplish no more then votes of Men. Why waste time, energy and money without result?"

Hopefully it isn't 90 years before the sentiments expressed in this thread are also considered absurd by most everyone.
    I am sure that some people argued they weren't being allowed to exercise their religious beliefs that women should not vote and that somehow they were the victims.

Other reasons women should not be allowed to vote:

BECAUSE 90% of the women either do not want it, or do not care.

BECAUSE it means competition of women with men instead of co-operation.

BECAUSE 80% of the women eligible to vote are married and can only double or annul their husband's votes.

BECAUSE it can be of no benefit commensurate with the additional expense involved.

BECAUSE in some States more voting women than voting men will place the Government under petticoat rule.

BECAUSE it is unwise to risk the good we already have for the evil which may occur.

Source:
    'Vote No on Women's Suffrage': Bizarre Reasons For Not Letting Women Vote - The Atlantic

Tim Cook opens up about his personal life for the first time-barkhorn_womenvoters1.jpg

Tim Cook opens up about his personal life for the first time-barkhorn_womenvoters2.jpg
    11-04-2014 10:37 PM
    Doesn't this statement seem absurd today? "Votes of Women can accomplish no more then votes of Men. Why waste time, energy and money without result?"

Hopefully it isn't 90 years before the sentiments expressed in this thread are also considered absurd by most everyone.
    I am sure that some people argued they weren't being allowed to exercise their religious beliefs that women should not vote and that somehow they were the victims.

Other reasons women should not be allowed to vote:

BECAUSE 90% of the women either do not want it, or do not care.

BECAUSE it means competition of women with men instead of co-operation.

BECAUSE 80% of the women eligible to vote are married and can only double or annul their husband's votes.

BECAUSE it can be of no benefit commensurate with the additional expense involved.

BECAUSE in some States more voting women than voting men will place the Government under petticoat rule.

BECAUSE it is unwise to risk the good we already have for the evil which may occur.

Source:
    'Vote No on Women's Suffrage': Bizarre Reasons For Not Letting Women Vote - The Atlantic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barkhorn_womenvoters1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	70640

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barkhorn_womenvoters2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	70639
    Progress is a slow, grudging process that comes too late for so many people.
    Les74 likes this.
    11-05-2014 03:28 PM
    Lisa Ling from CNN did an episode tonight on, "The faces of America's gay rodeo" Gay Rodeo - CNN.com and she did a good job with it showing what they have to go through.

A woman tells a close friend about her feelings and her friend tells her that it's the devil tempting her.

A man get surrounded by three Nevada squad cars, a cop pulls his gun and tells him that there will be no queers on this property.

These are the type of things that Tim Cook had to face.
    11-10-2014 02:11 AM
    I'm usually the sort who says do what you like, but don't shove it in my face.

That being said, it's useful to gay and lesbian youths to know that there are plenty of people out there in all walks of life who are out and doing just fine. And so that's likely what informed Cook's decision to come out publicly. (Although most people who follow the tech industry already knew he likely was gay.)

So I think he did a good thing.
    11-11-2014 01:48 PM
131 ... 456