Good for Tim Cook. His personal life is his personal life. It doesn't bother me one bit that he decided to come out. I have no business judging him or any gay or lesbian individual about their choices.
    palandri and Spencerdl like this.
    11-03-2014 10:41 PM
    Right now in this country if you don't agree with the gay agenda, you face discrimination, lawsuits, and even jail time.
    "The gay agenda"

Really? What agenda is that? Seeking social tolerance and legal equality?
    11-03-2014 11:40 PM
    "The gay agenda"...lol

I really dislike religion a lot.
    palandri, sanibel, Les74 and 1 others like this.
    11-04-2014 12:54 AM
    I see nothing has changed on this thread much... 😕

ಠ益ಠ
    11-04-2014 07:56 AM
    Right now in this country if you don't agree with the gay agenda, you face discrimination, lawsuits, and even jail time.
    LOL! What is the gay agenda? A gay in every household by 2016?
    sanibel and boeingrules like this.
    11-04-2014 08:39 AM
    In this day and age, I find it rather amusing that those here who are so gung-ho for "equality" would not think twice about denouncing anyone who wanted to marry their sister or cousin. After all, that is in the opposite direction towards progressive thinking. Am I wrong?
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    11-04-2014 08:51 AM
    Assuming there's such thing as the "gay agenda," indeed lawsuits on face of discrimination are warranted. So, really: What's your point?
    palandri and jmr1015 like this.
    11-04-2014 08:54 AM
    In this day and age, I find it rather amusing that those here who are so gung-ho for "equality" would not think twice about denouncing anyone who wanted to marry their sister or cousin. After all, that is in the opposite direction towards progressive thinking. Am I wrong?
    I too find it amusing. After all, if someone wanted to marry their sister or cousin would just be expressing themselves. They very possibly were born with a desire to marry a relative, and by not supporting them 100% would make you a bigot.
    11-04-2014 09:01 AM
    Tim Cook opens up about his personal life for the first time-500px-cousin_marriage_map1.svg.png

States in blue: First-cousin marriage is legal
    States in light blue: Allowed with requirements or exceptions

@SprSynJn & the_tech_eater: If your state isn't on the list, you should start advocating...
    BreakingKayfabe and Les74 like this.
    11-04-2014 09:05 AM
    Assuming there's such thing as the "gay agenda," indeed lawsuits on face of discrimination are warranted. So, really: What's your point?
    So next time someone discriminates me, I should go sue them?
    11-04-2014 09:06 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500px-Cousin_marriage_map1.svg.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	70570
    What does that map represent?
    11-04-2014 09:06 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	500px-Cousin_marriage_map1.svg.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	70570

States in blue: First-cousin marriage is legal
    States in light blue: Allowed with requirements or exceptions

@SprSynJn & the_tech_eater: If your state isn't on the list, you should start advocating...
    My state allows it. I can't believe that in 2014 there are states that don't allow first cousin marriage! That's just unacceptable! We need to get the ACLU to sue the hell out of them.
    11-04-2014 09:11 AM
    What does that map represent?
    She gave a key to the map in her previous response.
    11-04-2014 09:12 AM
    If it's at work and truly harmful. Sure.
    She gave a key to the map in her previous response.
    She hadn't updated her post at the time of me posting that, but thanks for the clarification anyways.
    What do you think? If some discriminates you because you're gay: yes!
    Sekelani Zwambila likes this.
    11-04-2014 09:14 AM
    What do you think? If some discriminates you because you're gay: yes!
    What about if they discriminate against me because of my religion?
    11-04-2014 09:15 AM
    What about if they discriminate against me because of my religion?
    If you don't get hired because of it? Yes. If you get fired for having a casual conversation about it at work? Yes. If you don't get a promotion because of your beliefs or lack thereof? Yes. Those things are discrimination.
    If someone at work tells you they aren't interested when you try to talk about religion? No because that's not discrimination. If you're upset that you can't promote your religion on government property, that's not discrimination assuming all religions or lack thereof are treated the same. If you're upset because your local XXX store says Happy Holidays rather than Merry Christmas? That's not discrimination either and you can choose to not frequent that store if it bothers you.
    11-04-2014 09:24 AM
    I think that since we're all free thinkers, we should accept those who are gay. I also think we should accept those who do not accept people who are gay. It's the right of having the freedom of thought. I think we should just live and let live.
    SprSynJn likes this.
    11-04-2014 09:27 AM
    If you don't get hired because of it? Yes. If you get fired for having a casual conversation about it at work? Yes. If you don't get a promotion because of your beliefs or lack thereof? Yes. Those things are discrimination.
    If someone at work tells you they aren't interested when you try to talk about religion? No because that's not discrimination. If you're upset that you can't promote your religion on government property, that's not discrimination assuming all religions or lack thereof are treated the same. If you're upset because your local XXX store says Happy Holidays rather than Merry Christmas? That's not discrimination either and you can choose to not frequent that store if it bothers you.
    I completely agree with you. But, your last point about not going to stores that I find objectionable: I've seen way too many news stories about stores being shut down by gay activists because the store didn't agree with them, and due to religious beliefs can not make a wedding cake for a gay couple, etc. So I see a double standard there.
    11-04-2014 09:28 AM
    Now I'm not trying to argue but let's put out a certain religion here. Muslim for example. I have met some of the most amazing people who practice that religion. However, people still generally consider them in a bad light. They face rude stares, inappropriate comments, and a multitude of ugly slurs.

I think that instead of going to bat for a single cause, we should go to bat for anyone who's oppressed. We should support and give strength to anyone who is being cut down.

That includes religion, sexual orientation, mental illness, race, personality, and the list goes on. If people just thought "They deserve the same respect I do, if I don't like them, I'll just let them live in peace like I do.", I think the world could be a great place.
    11-04-2014 09:34 AM
    I too find it amusing. After all, if someone wanted to marry their sister or cousin would just be expressing themselves. They very possibly were born with a desire to marry a relative, and by not supporting them 100% would make you a bigot.
    Yep. What if you’re in a "loving and committed" relationship with two people? Three people? Your dog?
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    11-04-2014 09:36 AM
    I completely agree with you. But, your last point about not going to stores that I find objectionable: I've seen way too many news stories about stores being shut down by gay activists because the store didn't agree with them, and due to religious beliefs can not make a wedding cake for a gay couple, etc. So I see a double standard there.
    Stores being shut down? Never heard of it. Boycotted, yes. I personally haven't been the Chik-fil-a since I became aware of the religious beliefs and anti-homosexual beliefs of their founder (although I still find their commercials hilarious).
    If gay activists are just publicizing the bakery's choices, I have no problem with that. If they are standing on the sidewalk informing people who enter of the bakery owner's beliefs, I have no problem with that. If they are forming a human wall of people to not let anyone in? That's wrong. Likewise, if there's a bakery that does make cakes for gay weddings, and you stand outside the store to protest or organize a boycott of like-minded people, I have no issue with that. So I don't see a double-standard in that.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    11-04-2014 09:37 AM
    I think that since we're all free thinkers, we should accept those who are gay. I also think we should accept those who do not accept people who are gay. It's the right of having the freedom of thought. I think we should just live and let live.
    I could live with that IF is just stayed at "live and let live", but too often, both sides get stupid and militant with it. If you are "that way", just go be "that way" and stop shouting it from the rooftop.

Moving on.
    11-04-2014 09:39 AM
    Yep. What if youre in a "loving and committed" relationship with two people? Three people? Your dog?
    I have no problems on the people side of that. As long as all of the people involved are capable of consent and do actually consent of their own free will. I think it's a little strange, but I have no issues with it.
    The dog, however, cannot consent so I do have an issue with that.
    11-04-2014 09:41 AM
131 ... 23456