Walgreens takes advantage of mobile payment debacle, says #ChoiceIsEverything

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
apple_pay_nfc_hero_hands_on.jpg

Sometimes it's nice to watch from the sidelines as your rivals are beaten up, and Walgreens is doing just that as CVS and Rite Aid take heat for dropping support for Apple Pay. On the company's twitter account tonight, Walgreens addressed iPhone owners by saying "Hey, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus users! The choice is yours: Use #ApplePay today at any of our stores!"

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I've been meaning to get around to this all week! My letter to CVS: (There is a character limit...)

The day Apple Pay became available, I was so excited to try it out. CVS was advertised as a merchant who supported it. I rushed there after work, even though I didn't really need anything, just so I could make a purchase. Just as I expected, the Apple Pay transaction was quick and easy. Imagine my disappointment when later that week I learned that CVS was disconnecting the NFC readers. understand that you may be enabling a different payment method, Current C. This method is not secure, and reveals too much financial information. One of your competitors, Walgreens, has begun the #ChoiceIsEverything campaign, to support those of us who wish to use Apple Pay. Although Walgreens isn't quite as convenient for me, I choose to vote with my wallet and take my business there instead. Please consider researching the difference in security of Apple Pay and Current C, and make an informed decision to reinstate the Apple Pay method of payment. The alternative is alienating 20 million users.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods