Galaxy Note 4 versus iPhone 5s: Quick Comparison

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
samsung_note_4_iphone_5s_front_stacked.JPG

The Note 4 does borrow somewhat from the iPhone 5's industrial design, bringing a beveled metal band around the edge to the Samsung party (just like the lesser Samsung Galaxy Alpha before it. Though in this case it drastically ramps up the resolution with a 5.7-inch 1440 x 2560 QHD display clocking in at 515ppi. It somewhat shames the Retina display iPhones with their 326ppi. The iPhone 6 may well have a denser display to rival the quality of these, but for now it's just not quite as dense. There is, of course, the LCD iPhone vs. AMOLED Samsung comparison to be made as well.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Here's the thing I see about the Note 4 comparison with the iPhone 5S; they really don't compare. Two completely different experiences. And the specs comparison isn't really relevant. Last year's Note 3 had better specs than the iPhone 5S and may have better specs than the iPhone 6. Of course the screen is going to be larger and the cameras will have more megapixels. But at the end of the day, the experience isn't going to be as fluid. The apps aren't going to be as good. And you are going to have a convoluted mess of services. I'm not saying that it isn't going to be a good device. I think it is going to be a great device. But for an iPhone user, it doesn't really change things in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Here's the thing I see about the Note 4 comparison with the iPhone 5S; they really don't compare. Two completely different experiences. And the specs comparison isn't really relevant. Last year's Note 3 had better specs than the iPhone 5S and may have better specs than the iPhone 6. Of course the screen is going to be larger and the cameras will have more megapixels. But at the end of the day, the experience isn't going to be as fluid. The apps aren't going to be as good. And you are going to have a convoluted mess of services. I'm not saying that it isn't going to be a good device. I think it is going to be a great device. But for an iPhone user, it doesn't really change things in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Yes I absolutely agree with you here. It's like comparing a Ferrari with a Ford Taurus. Both are automobiles, sure, but both offer a completely different experience and targeted at different users with different wants and needs from their car.

The Note 4 may have great specs on paper but we know exactly how Samsung manipulated the benchmark scores last year for the Note 3.

Samsung once again caught artificially boosting benchmarks, receives internet wedgies | iMore

Now they've been found out, who can ever trust any benchmark scores they publish ever again?

After the dreadful Note 3 I had, I don't care if the phone has specs that are two, three, four times better than the IPhone 5s or 6, the godawful experience I had with mine means i'm never buying a Samsung phone again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2