NSFW is a weekly op-ed column in which I talk about whatever's on my mind. Sometimes it'll have something to do with the technology we cover here on iMore; sometimes it'll be whatever pops into my head. Your questions, comments and observations are welcome.
    Wil Wheaton the actor who portrayed teen prodigy Wesley Crusher on Star Trek: The Next Generation has had a second career as an Internet celebrity (he's also parlayed it into guest spots on TV shows like The Big Bang Theory and his own show on the SyFy Channel). There's an axiom named after him: "Wheaton's Law," which states, "Don't be a ****." It's short and to the point. And it's a really good guide for behavior both online and off, and I really wish more people would pay attention to it.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    08-23-2014 09:12 AM
    Wil Wheaton can be an insufferable 'Richard' while telling people not to be one...
    zerog46 likes this.
    08-23-2014 12:14 PM
    I think that is easy to say, but I think it ignores the reason why people seem to portray that attitude on the internet. We live in a PC world where you can incur punitive consequences for saying what's on your mind. But, you have forums where people's identities can be disguised. That provides a podium for those who have lots to say, whether we think it is relevant or not, and to say it without the level of censorship and sensitivity that we would hope for. Simply put, it is cathartic for some.
    08-23-2014 08:45 PM