How to find the owner of a lost or stolen iPhone

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
iphone_5s_enter_passcode_hero.jpg

Every once in a while I have a reader ask me what they should do with a lost or stolen iPhone they've somehow come across. In most cases their biggest concern is finding the original owner, as it should be. Unfortunately that task sometimes proves to be a little tougher than some people imagine, especially if the owner has enabled a passcode lock. However, if the iPhone you have found is fully functional, we've got some tricks that can help you get in contact with the original owner faster than you may think!

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone is locked and I ask Siri, "Siri, who do you belong to?". My contact comes to the screen.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408676665.534759.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I never knew this. I just tried it and it works like a charm. Thank you!

You can always learn something new, no matter how knowledgeable you think you are or how long you've had a device.

Alex_Ya

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I live in Ukraine, and if you lost your iPhone here even with a passcode it will not help. It get hacked and find a new owner easily.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I live in Ukraine, and if you lost your iPhone here even with a passcode it will not help. It get hacked and find a new owner easily.

[WARN]Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service is not permitted in the forums[/WARN]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711