Sprint and T-Mobile may actually, finally (no, really this time) be ready to announce a deal in which Sprint would take over its rival. According to reports from Bloomberg and Reuters, the carriers are nearing a deal where Sprint would buy T-Mobile for almost $40 per share, comprised of half stock and half cash. That's a total deal north of $32 billion, and a solid premium over the current price of T-Mobile, which has hovered around $34 per share ($27.5 billion valuation) recently.

Full story from the iMore Blog...
    06-04-2014 06:30 PM
    I know a lot of people that might be mad at the deal

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    06-04-2014 07:27 PM
    T-Mobile buying Sprint would have been better.
    06-04-2014 08:50 PM
    Sprint's parent company bought (or will buy) out the controlling interest in T-Mobile from T-Mobile's parent company. At this point I'm hoping they'll see T-Mobile as the stronger brand but who knows. The collapse of T-Mobile will be bad for consumers I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    06-07-2014 09:51 PM
    I don't like this at all. T-Mobile has been able to act as a force of change in the industry, good or bad change is up for discussion, and has been able to gain a lot of business by doing so. Consolidating will hurt progress.

The only thing that people forget about that is an advantage here is that this is not the Sprint that screwed itself up by buying Nextel. SoftBank and Masayoshi Son are an entirely different beast to contend with. If there is an upside it is that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-08-2014 11:10 AM