Why Lenovo could be a far bigger threat to Samsung than Apple

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

It's no secret that both the iPhone 6 and the Galaxy S5 will be battling it out later this year, but the two most popular phone makers on the planet, Apple and Samsung, have already shown markedly different trends as of late. Both sold a ton of phones, none more than Samsung. However, while Apple's average selling price rose by nearly $60 quarter-over-quarter, Samsung's fell by $30. Likewise, while Apple's 0% share of the under $400 phone market remained unchanged and their share of the over $400 market rose to 65%, Samsung's under $400 share dropped to 21% and they were left precious little space on the top end. Ben Thompson writes on Stratechery:

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Lenovo will hurt Samsung sales by capturing the low price customer. They will end up the third largest mobil phone company, however they won't change Apple's strategy significantly.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Apple is Samsung's only competition. I would never see Lenovo as a threat to either of these companies. Not even Microsoft.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Lenovo still has a long way to go before they are a threat to anyone in the smartphone market. I really doubt Samsung has much to worry about right now unless they pull a blackberry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Lenovo still has a long way to go before they are a threat to anyone in the smartphone market. I really doubt Samsung has much to worry about right now unless they pull a blackberry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect Dell said the same thing when Lenovo entered the PC market.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2