Best Twitter apps for iPhone on iOS 7: Tweetbot 3, Twitterrific 5, Echofon, and more!

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Twitter has changed. It's no longer the domain of nerds and conferences but now serves the mainstream, not to mention pop stars with tens of millions of followers. Twitter's official app has changed with it, altering the way everything from the timeline to direct messages work and are surfaced. It's not what it once was, and its certainly not for everyone. While Twitter is no longer supportive of third party apps, and is actively trying to strangle them out of existence, many really good Twitter app alternatives still call the App Store home. And that's a very good thing, because many people use Twitter very differently. For some, it's just a way to follow celebrities or keep up with news. For others, its a virtual water cooler to chat around during work breaks. For yet others, it's a network to expand their social connections and market their wares. Different apps suit different use-cases. But which one is best, and for whom? Here are some of my favorites!

Full story from the iMore Blog...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As I've stated on numerous occasions, I'm content switching back and forth between the official Twitter app and Tweetbot. Currently, I'm using Tweetbot 3 and really enjoying it....:)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently using Tweetbot 2 on my iPad and Tweetbot 3 on my iPhone. I think Tapbots has me as a customer for the foreseeable future. Once they release a night mode, I think I'll be 100% satisfied with Tweetbot 3

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
As I've stated on numerous occasions, I'm content switching back and forth between the official Twitter app and Tweetbot. Currently, I'm using Tweetbot 3 and really enjoying it....:)

Same here. I am a Tweetbot 3 fan :)

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm officially a Tweetbot 3 convert. Used echofon for the longest and since their notifications aren't working, I switched.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I can see I am out numbered but Twitterffic for me. I just like the simple features and how they work, There is so much integration with many other apps like Instagram and so on. Hey everyone has to be different in the group right.

zdn1042

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Using the official Twitter app. Haven't encountered any problems with it yet. Though, I haven't tried any of the 3rd party Twitter apps out there so I really don't know what I'm missing.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
regarding Tweetbot 3; where can i see where people have Favorited me?

AFAIK, you just get a notification, if you're setup that way

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73