This iPhone 14 feature just saved two more lives, proving it works in the real world

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
That’s great!
Would it be in poor taste for Apple to make an IPhone 14 commercial with 2 people lost in a dense remote forest, neither person knows the other is there, and they are one mile away from the other. One lost person pulls out their Android, stares at it, then says “there’s nothing I can do! Nothing!”. Fade camera in to the other lost person one mile away, he pulls out his iPhone 14 then calmly messages for help. This person is picked up in a helicopter. When the helicopter is flying away they sees the other lost (Android) person. The helicopter drops down to pick that person up too. The Android person steps in and says to the helicopter pilot, “thank you for rescuing me”. Helicopter pilot says “don’t thank me, thank the other guy back there smart enough to buy an iPhone 14”.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
That’s great!
Would it be in poor taste for Apple to make an IPhone 14 commercial with 2 people lost in a dense remote forest, neither person knows the other is there, and they are one mile away from the other. One lost person pulls out their Android, stares at it, then says “there’s nothing I can do! Nothing!”. Fade camera in to the other lost person one mile away, he pulls out his iPhone 14 then calmly messages for help. This person is picked up in a helicopter. When the helicopter is flying away they sees the other lost (Android) person. The helicopter drops down to pick that person up too. The Android person steps in and says to the helicopter pilot, “thank you for rescuing me”. Helicopter pilot says “don’t thank me, thank the other guy back there smart enough to buy an iPhone 14”.

It would be of poor taste, and eventually incorrect, but the scenario does sound amazing.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That would be an awesome commercial!!!

giphy.gif

I would watch that.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
It would be of poor taste, and eventually incorrect, but the scenario does sound amazing.

This the tech consumer products world, eventually is no further than the end of this week. Current status for Android: don’t worry Android users, somewhere out there you’ll get satellite connectivity too. When and how much is not yet known.

With that said, trust me Ed I won’t be quitting my day job to start writing commercials /s :)

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I don’t think this is limited to the 14. Didn’t it also become available to earlier models with the latest update?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
This the tech consumer products world, eventually is no further than the end of this week. Current status for Android: don’t worry Android users, somewhere out there you’ll get satellite connectivity too. When and how much is not yet known.

With that said, trust me Ed I won’t be quitting my day job to start writing commercials /s :)

I wouldn’t expect you to quit your day job

Eventually: When Android will have implemented Satellite features. It was announced towards the end of 2022 that they bought airtime with the other major communications provider. Don’t recall the details, and my Google search leads to blogs complaining that Samsung didn’t announce satellite support in yesterday’s launch event.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox