Pull that resume — Apple loses spot in top 100 employer list for first time in 13 years

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Glassdoor or no Glassdoor, don’t put that resume away. Apple is a premier company to work for both in pay and benefits.
Yes, it is always possible you get into a department with a weak manager that allowed bad working culture. That’ll be true of any company especially a big company. But I know what I speak of when I say take that Apple job if you receive an offer (an offer you feel compensates you for what you believe you’re worth. Never undersell yourself! If you’re hungry to get in there, to do the job as well as you can, open to learn when possible to do it better, can always be cordial with colleagues, and critical item of being willing to take prideful ownership of the new responsibilities = Apple or any company is lucky!! to have you and should pay you for their good fortune in hiring you).

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I’ve never been a fan of Glassdoor. The site pretty much allows anyone to make claims about anything, with no way to vet or verify accuracy or truth to the claim.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh, Dear! Apple staff was ordered back to work at the huge wonderful new complex. Now they're no longer a good employer. SMH Sounds like the staff is what's no longer good.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh, Dear! Apple staff was ordered back to work at the huge wonderful new complex. Now they're no longer a good employer. SMH Sounds like the staff is what's no longer good.

I work from home. I would not take a position that was not remote. What’s wrong with that? The workers have every right to pursue the job situation they want. Apple doesn’t own them.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I work from home. I would not take a position that was not remote. What’s wrong with that? The workers have every right to pursue the job situation they want. Apple doesn’t own them.

I’m WFH and have been well before Covid-19. Tech support was moving toward remote/WFH before 2020. My sense is it’s too difficult to find a large technically adept group all within a 60 mile radius of one location. So I agree with your sentiment. However, if the company wants you in an office that’s their choice. Your choice is to find a different company to work for. Ideally companies offering WFH will get as good or better people at less cost(office space is expensive). This will force other companies to offer more WFH. But I know from direct experience that a substantial number of people just will not prosper in WFH.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I’m WFH and have been well before Covid-19. Tech support was moving toward remote/WFH before 2020. My sense is it’s too difficult to find a large technically adept group all within a 60 mile radius of one location. So I agree with your sentiment. However, if the company wants you in an office that’s their choice. Your choice is to find a different company to work for. Ideally companies offering WFH will get as good or better people at less cost(office space is expensive). This will force other companies to offer more WFH. But I know from direct experience that a substantial number of people just will not prosper in WFH.

Office space may be expensive. But Apple builds a huge wonderful campus with plenty of nice offices and working space with plenty of great amenities for employees, then some employees don't want to enjoy it. Instead, they want to stay home. Apple wants them there, and they have their reasons. If employees don't like it, they can absolutely move on elsewhere.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Office space may be expensive. But Apple builds a huge wonderful campus with plenty of nice offices and working space with plenty of great amenities for employees, then some employees don't want to enjoy it. Instead, they want to stay home. Apple wants them there, and they have their reasons. If employees don't like it, they can absolutely move on elsewhere.

Understood and agreed. Apple has a fully paid for and owned Cupertino campus. And the departments and divisions that were hired to work at that campus are SOL if they want to WFH. It’s they myriad of smaller field offices Apple doesn’t own that could see benefit with WFH. Maybe or maybe not.
I can say this, I don’t know what cities/buildings Apple’s vast U.S. technical support team is but IMHO they’ll get a better less expensive team as WFH/able to pull from a much bigger pool of candidates.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Trouble is with the Cupertino campus is,as I understand it, that it is in an area where the price of property is eyewatering, so you can’t live there,and it is out of sensible commuting range from accommodation commensurate with most Apple salaries. So of course people want to WFH.
But, in today’s employment climate I would get your arse into the office !!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2