Apple probably won't cancel the iPhone 15 Plus, but it could lower the price compared to its predecessor. The iPhone 14 Plus is said to be suffering from low sales. Full story from the iMore Blog...
    12-30-2022 09:40 AM
    I doubt it. To be fair to the article writer, he stresses it’s just one report and things could change. But inflationary pressure just isn’t conducive to reducing production cost regardless of claims of poor sales.

While other large tech companies have much less issue with selling at a functional loss/being a loss leader (for example: likely a number of Amazon Alexa products, Google Pixels, Facebook VR Goggles), Apple rarely takes a loss leader product position (AppleTV+ is one exception). If it does, Apple usually cuts the product relatively quickly without loss leading change. I suspect the OG HomePod falls into this category.
    I’d guess that there will be no price change but greater upgrade emphasis on the non Pro models. Dynamic Island and 120 hz refresh Pro Motion added to the non pro models likely will increase sales. The difference between 14 Pro models and non pro models was huge.
    12-31-2022 02:35 AM