Is Elon Musk stepping down as Twitter CEO? LIVE coverage of social network chaos

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Musk has a lot going on, with Tesla, Space X, and other concerns. He doesn't have time to run Twitter, and will make someone else CEO. But he'll still be around. I've thoroughly enjoyed Twitter since he took over.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This has to be the biggest one man media act in American history.

Nothing garners attention like controversy and when the attention comes, take advantage of it. How many people have installed Twitter over the past few weeks out of curiosity, and how many of those people have become fond of Twitter and still remain?

What a brilliant tactic.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I think that @Ledsteplin is right... Musk will eventually appoint someone as CEO... he's probably working on figuring out who that person would be. I also think that he'll always have a presence.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Some are now claiming on Twitter that musks voting poll was an effort to uncover bots.

giphy.gif

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Nothing garners attention like controversy and when the attention comes, take advantage of it. How many people have installed Twitter over the past few weeks out of curiosity, and how many of those people have become fond of Twitter and still remain?

What a brilliant tactic.

This is well said and exactly correct.
People like to generally believe the anointed villain is always vanquished. But in the real world the more people know your name generally means the greater your success (murders, thieves etc notwithstanding). PT Barnum and Houdini were a couple of the OG pioneers who understood the most important thing was being known by as many people as possible. They understood headline gathering statements and stunts was a way to achieve that important thing.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
This is well said and exactly correct.
People like to generally believe the anointed villain is always vanquished. But in the real world the more people know your name generally means the greater your success (murders, thieves etc notwithstanding). PT Barnum and Houdini were a couple of the OG pioneers who understood the most important thing was being known by as many people as possible. They understood headline gathering statements and stunts was a way to achieve that important thing.

This might have been true before he lost massive amounts of his wealth, drove Tesla stock into the ground and made his name-brand toxic. This isn’t a genius move. He’s a fool who is currently in court for incredibly awful HR issues involving misogyny and rampant racism in two of his companies. I think he is on the path to where he belongs. Time will tell.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR