Best wireless speakers 2022

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
This is said with a fair bit of experience: if you’re one step deeper than an iPhone level Apple ecosystem, go with the HomePod mini. If you need bigger sound, dig your heels in and wait for the likely soon coming “HomePod Pro”.

For those who want a dumb portable Bluetooth speaker — I did — I just bought the JBL Charge 5 for under 120$ and it includes a separate 10000 mah wireless power bank. It’s what I consider just inside “portable”. It’s got some heft to it, it looks pretty indestructible and it can get dunked in the water. Very good sound, solid bass, plenty! of volume. I’m now spoiled by AirPods Pro 2 music quality. You will not get that kind of sound quality but for its size it’s the best I’ve owned.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Any JBL speaker has great sound.

When I was doing pro a/v, I was able to get my hands on a lot of JBL products to try. They quickly became my go-to source for speakers.

On a side note, WTH iMore writers??? Do you think we have money to burn? $500 for a speaker? Did you all actually buy one and test???

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
….. I’m now spoiled by AirPods Pro 2 music quality. ….

I know. Right? I don’t think I’ve used any of my other ear/headphones since purchasing the AirPods Pro 2. That’s a testament to how well I think they sound.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
This is said with a fair bit of experience: if you’re one step deeper than an iPhone level Apple ecosystem, go with the HomePod mini. If you need bigger sound, dig your heels in and wait for the likely soon coming “HomePod Pro”.

For those who want a dumb portable Bluetooth speaker — I did — I just bought the JBL Charge 5 for under 120$ and it includes a separate 10000 mah wireless power bank. It’s what I consider just inside “portable”. It’s got some heft to it, it looks pretty indestructible and it can get dunked in the water. Very good sound, solid bass, plenty! of volume. I’m now spoiled by AirPods Pro 2 music quality. You will not get that kind of sound quality but for its size it’s the best I’ve owned.

I'll add the UE WONDERBOOM is worth knowing about in all this. They have flat and quality tone for the physical size and truly good for the rugged and wet. They are a perfect middle ground between some that are less and more expensive. We have pair of HomePod mini and the WONDERBOOM often in rooms next to each other - WONDERBOOM in the kitchen where my wife refuses any cables or cords or something always on the counter. From that we verify the WONDERBOOM superior tone as much as we love the HomePod minis in their stereo setup.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I'll add the UE WONDERBOOM is worth knowing about in all this. They have flat and quality tone for the physical size and truly good for the rugged and wet. They are a perfect middle ground between some that are less and more expensive. We have pair of HomePod mini and the WONDERBOOM often in rooms next to each other - WONDERBOOM in the kitchen where my wife refuses any cables or cords or something always on the counter. From that we verify the WONDERBOOM superior tone as much as we love the HomePod minis in their stereo setup.

I missed this one in my search. I would have liked to see some testing. Researched Bose, Sonos, B&O, Tribit. Ultimately the Sonos I looked at has great sound but it’s pricey and was trying to do a lot. But for me I didn’t need the extras. B&O top notch and simple but again pricey. Didn’t like the Bose portable BT options. I gave the Tribit consideration but again the model I was looking at was doing more than I needed. The JBL was pure portable BT speaker. Not a lot of frills, indestructible, great battery, great sound, was on sale and came with a separate power bank bonus. As Lee_Bo said, hard to go wrong with JBL. But next time I’ll add Wonderboom to the list to check.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I know. Right? I don’t think I’ve used any of my other ear/headphones since purchasing the AirPods Pro 2. That’s a testament to how well I think they sound.

Seriously! The instrument separation, soundstage, upper to lower frequency responses, just sweet Music listening. For a non in ear or over the ear, you’ll need a serious investment in a sound system to get the pro 2 sweet sound. But when guests are over, I’m in the pool/spa, working on the landscaping, or on workout days I just don’t want in ear, the JBL speaker is going to have to be enough for those use cases despite the sound being so below the Pro 2 :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices