Twitter will charge iPhone users more for Twitter Blue when it relaunches, all because it doesn't want to give Apple a cut of sales. Full story from the iMore Blog...
    12-08-2022 09:12 AM
    I guess I’ll remain an unverified nobody.
    Annie_M likes this.
    12-08-2022 11:50 AM
    There’s something to be said for obscurity!
    12-08-2022 03:17 PM
    The article doesn’t make much sense. With Apples thirty percent cut, Twitter blue on ios would be around 9 dollars not 11.
    Up_And_Away and Lee_Bo like this.
    12-08-2022 04:51 PM
    “it plans to change the pricing of its Twitter Blue subscription product to $7 if users pay for it through the web and $11 if they do so through its app for iPhones”.

Basic math:
    A 30% “premium” would mean 7*1.3=$9.10 blue check cost + App Store premium.
    A 57% premium would mean 7*1.57=11$ blue check cost + App Store premium + Ultra premium.

Basic playing with Media math:
    Elon Musk speak with purposeful if not comical intent + Media eat it up getting lots of clicks = eeeeeveryone wins! (Shhh, don’t let the secret out that the blue check will cost the same).
    grover5 likes this.
    12-09-2022 02:20 AM
    The article doesn’t make much sense.
    Seems to be a common issue with these writers lately.
    grover5 likes this.
    12-09-2022 06:24 AM
    Seems like another example of the really poor writing and content that's come on or into the non-forum aspects of this site. Maybe I missed a management or ownership change???

The Apple and Microsoft stores deliver an overall package of vetted, secure and convenient purchasing. Other choices exist for those who do not like that.
    12-09-2022 08:28 AM
    Seems to be a common issue with these writers lately.
    Indeed, not just the quality but the accuracy of the reporting in the articles have greatly diminished.
    imwjl and grover5 like this.
    12-09-2022 09:01 AM
    I do not believe Elon exists how can he verify me ?
    12-12-2022 10:53 AM
    Twitter Blue isn't going to cost me anything extra because of Apple... because I have no interest in signing up for it!
    FFR and grover5 like this.
    12-12-2022 11:34 AM
    “it plans to change the pricing of its Twitter Blue subscription product to $7 if users pay for it through the web and $11 if they do so through its app for iPhones”.

Basic math:
    A 30% “premium” would mean 7*1.3=$9.10 blue check cost + App Store premium.
    A 57% premium would mean 7*1.57=11$ blue check cost + App Store premium + Ultra premium.

Basic playing with Media math:
    Elon Musk speak with purposeful if not comical intent + Media eat it up getting lots of clicks = eeeeeveryone wins! (Shhh, don’t let the secret out that the blue check will cost the same).
    $7 on the web is definitely lower cost than $11 in the app for users. No sure how that's the same. And Elon doesn't say the $11 only reflects the 30%.
    Up_And_Away likes this.
    12-12-2022 01:35 PM
    This is your daily reminder. Elon is an *****. Bad reporting as well imore.
    12-12-2022 02:14 PM
    No, thanks to Twitter. Twitter is responsible for the prices it charges. What I do is install the twitter web app and not use the App Store app.
    12-12-2022 07:28 PM
    $7 on the web is definitely lower cost than $11 in the app for users. No sure how that's the same. And Elon doesn't say the $11 only reflects the 30%.
    Understood. I was just trying to breakdown the absurdity of the Musk claim. I completely believe Musk is treating media like they are a cat and he is dragging around catnip at the end of string.
    Regarding the App Store, I think Apple provides the medium at huge cost, so it is reasonable for their 30% year one and 15% year two and beyond(I believe that is the rate for the big players). But where Apple will have to give in IMHO is in-app hyperlinks to alternate website payment. I've been doing it for multiple years with Kindle on IpadOS but instead of the hyperlink I type in the book title in Amazon.
    12-12-2022 09:13 PM
    Understood. I was just trying to breakdown the absurdity of the Musk claim. I completely believe Musk is treating media like they are a cat and he is dragging around catnip at the end of string.
    Regarding the App Store, I think Apple provides the medium at huge cost, so it is reasonable for their 30% year one and 15% year two and beyond(I believe that is the rate for the big players). But where Apple will have to give in IMHO is in-app hyperlinks to alternate website payment. I've been doing it for multiple years with Kindle on IpadOS but instead of the hyperlink I type in the book title in Amazon.
    I also think his figures were based on the original $8, rather than $7.
    Up_And_Away likes this.
    12-12-2022 10:10 PM
    I also think his figures were based on the original $8, rather than $7.
    Well 30% of 8 then added to 8 does get it closer to 11. The additional .60 cents we’ll call a hidden twitter internet tax .
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    12-13-2022 01:12 AM
    Well 30% of 8 then added to 8 does get it closer to 11. The additional .60 cents we’ll call a hidden twitter internet tax .
    Rounded up for good measure.
    12-13-2022 02:22 PM
    Love this analogy!
    Up_And_Away and scruffypig like this.
    12-13-2022 10:10 PM
    Rounded up for good measure.
    Best and funniest answer of the day.
    12-14-2022 01:28 AM
    Elon just wants to make his profit and realising the Twitter acquisition deal wasn't a really great one.
    12-21-2022 02:10 AM