Install updates overnight is a great time-saver, but if it's not working it can be frustrating. Here are some troubleshooting tips for when your iPhone updates won't install overnight. Full story from the iMore Blog...
    12-07-2022 05:40 AM
    None of mine ever updated overnight ( when the function was turned on ) I usually initiate this when I first hear of it, because the thing won’t do it by itself.
    Up_And_Away and Just_Me_D like this.
    12-07-2022 10:05 AM
    Auto update means it will update on its own sweet time. It may be in 48 hours and it may be much longer. Apple does not want a billion devices trying to update in the same window (break the internet! ).
    If you want the update in your own time then as Watchered said you must use the manual process (go into updates and press install updates).
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-07-2022 08:21 PM
    Auto update means it will update on its own sweet time. It may be in 48 hours and it may be much longer. Apple does not want a billion devices trying to update in the same window (break the internet! ).
    If you want the update in your own time then as Watchered said you must use the manual process (go into updates and press install updates).
    On one occasion while the function was still turned on, I had not received an update a fortnight after release. Now I feel that if there is a security component,I would like things to go faster than that!
    12-09-2022 11:38 AM
    I prefer to manually update my Apps!
    Up_And_Away likes this.
    12-09-2022 11:50 AM
    On one occasion while the function was still turned on, I had not received an update a fortnight after release. Now I feel that if there is a security component,I would like things to go faster than that!
    Why someone gets it quick and others wait? It’s undefined reasons. In another thread about an AirTag update (no manual update process), I got it a couple of days after release. A lot of people waited multiple weeks. Ultimately the Apple auto update selection process definitely has some black box(witchcraft) to which ones are first and which ones are last.
    Wotchered likes this.
    12-10-2022 01:55 AM