iPhone 14's Crash Detection is making 911 calls over rollercoaster rides

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
This is interesting. Firstly it is likely just a few times. Media likes to play it up, always. But one can see the potential issue with a roller coaster. A ‘at an amusement park, temporarily disable crash detection’ prompt based on GPS or hit all iPhone 14s with a one time alert to tell users to disable it if at an amusement park? (Eventually Apple will get the algorithms more tuned for this but that may take a while).

Also mention Google was recently smug about their crash detection being “first”. Their’s is so good it didn’t happen on their phones or, as I suspect, it was a standard Google feature shell game: a feature that works well only in media :)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting. Firstly it is likely just a few times. Media likes to play it up, always. But one can see the potential issue with a roller coaster. A ‘at an amusement park, temporarily disable crash detection’ prompt based on GPS or hit all iPhone 14s with a one time alert to tell users to disable it if at an amusement park? (Eventually Apple will get the algorithms more tuned for this but that may take a while).

Also mention Google was recently smug about their crash detection being “first”. Their’s is so good it didn’t happen on their phones or, as I suspect, it was a standard Google feature shell game: a feature that works well only in media :)

I suspect pixel users, all 8 million of them don’t really go to amusement parks.

Jokes aside though pixels have been having issues calling 911, apparently there is an issue actually calling the number. It’s all over Reddit and Twitter

Five days ago:
a805f476033046f4b810c64c98a1cbec.png

7 months ago:
f4ba9be58d856ff2cc371cb2c306324d.png

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I suspect pixel users, all 8 million of them don’t really go to amusement parks.

Jokes aside though pixels have been having issues calling 911, apparently there is an issue actually calling the number. It’s all over Reddit and Twitter

LOL, Pixel people go more to the fly by night carnivals??
Well there is the YT tech channels that get giddy over and buy Pixels every new release (the newest Pixel release is just in time as their hyperventilation is wearing off over the Fold). These Pixel users probably go to amusement parks. Oh wait, their not on video at these parks so they'll be walking around with their iPhone. :)

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
LOL, Pixel people go more to the fly by night carnivals??
Well there is the YT tech channels that get giddy over and buy Pixels every new release (the newest Pixel release is just in time as their hyperventilation is wearing off over the Fold). These Pixel users probably go to amusement parks. Oh wait, their not on video at these parks so they'll be walking around with their iPhone. :)

that actually happened.

A pixel fanboy and a Samsung super fan, they trash apple and iPhones on yt but still use iPhones.

f4477798a9ba6869d39696439dcddcc3.png

1dc8d5978498f45754acc22fdf793c3d.png

806af13ee3fc66e6c0fb580982c64b71.png

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Too funny and I've seen a few videos from ZoneOfTech. It is definitely a good example of the YT Tech channel that is well produced clickbait.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
This is it.
You got on quickly.

It’s peculiar, back in the day companies would do these things in 5 star hotels and resorts around the world maybe a private island. Not google though .

You can just search Twitter for camp pixel. The schills are all posting there

aa0caedc79030f54f3a6f9cfc97ca062.png