Use Outlook as your iOS email app? You may notice more ads.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn’t have a problem with Outlook on my iPhone, but I would always return to the native Mail app. Now that Outlook will contain ads, I’ll refrain from using it on my iPhone.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I used to use accompli before Microsoft bought it and renamed it outlook. Having said that nothing beats the apple mail app as long as you don’t have gmail.

Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I used Outlook for work email, because it wouldn't show up in my regular mail list outside office hours.

Now that Apple is adding additional settings for restricting those in Apple Mail, I will drop Microsoft's app :D

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Microsoft has done phenomenal getting even more businesses to adopt O365/Teams/Outlook. And while I’m sure there are plenty of people out there who use MS/Outlook for a personal email account, I just don’t know any of them. Outlook is for work amongst the people I know. (You don’t choose it, it is chosen for you).

As far as more ads in Outlook, more and more of the online world is becoming one giant advertisement with a lengthy amount of personal data to know what you can be enticed to buy. The stuff outside the ad? That’s the content you came to actually see :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73